Home of the Chiefs
Raiders Oakland Raiders cut Derrick Johnson - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Raiders Oakland Raiders cut Derrick Johnson (/thread-9404.html)

Pages: 1 2

Oakland Raiders cut Derrick Johnson - HG - 10-16-2018

Just heard this about 20 minutes ago.  I kinda thought this was coming.  watching some of the games and he just wasnt in the middle of the plays like he used to be.  Sad.  But Im glad I dont have to see him in those colors anymore

RE: Oakland Raiders cut Derrick Johnson - tyecopeland - 10-16-2018

I'd take him back on the minimum to be depth in the middle.

RE: Oakland Raiders cut Derrick Johnson - asskickingboots - 10-16-2018

Sign DJ as depth and helping Ragland / Hitchens with their assignments? Yes. Wouldn't be upset if we passed on him either.

I basically don't want to see him on the field though.

BTW, I actually like the strategy of bringing back people that have been in our system as midseason replacements. Zombo, Parker, Allen? None of them are spectacular players at this point, but they each can serve an important role for depth that can step in immediately when called upon.

In some ways this is a far superior tactic to just grabbing someone off a practice squad because they have potential. Potential doesn't often become realized when players don't know the playbook.

RE: Oakland Raiders cut Derrick Johnson - The_Jonas - 10-16-2018

He has no legs and is totally done.

Sign him.  Ragland and Hitchens are terrible.

I don't know what happened to Hitchens between last year and this year, but he's terrible.  He looks like he has no idea what he's supposed to do.

Our safeties weren't the worst unit against the pats.  In spite of both guys being signed after training camp, it was largely the ILB's. 

It shows up on film to a ridiculous degree.  Guys not attacking gaps and just fucking up the entire back end.

RE: Oakland Raiders cut Derrick Johnson - ChiefsChick23 - 10-16-2018

DJ may not be a shadow of what he was, but you know he's going to know his assignments and what to do and where to be.

Hells yeah, sign him. And let him retire a Chief, dammit.

RE: Oakland Raiders cut Derrick Johnson - tyecopeland - 10-17-2018

(10-16-2018, 10:28 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: He has no legs and is totally done.

I don't know what happened to Hitchens between last year and this year, but he's terrible.  He looks like he has no idea what he's supposed to do.

Our safeties weren't the worst unit against the pats.  In spite of both guys being signed after training camp, it was largely the ILB's. 

It shows up on film to a ridiculous degree.  Guys not attacking gaps and just fucking up the entire back end.

Hitchens was on the cowboys last year. And most talking heads gave us shit for signing him to that type of money because he looked like shit in pass defense without Sean Lee next to him. 

Ragland looked good last year for us but apparently it was because DJ told him where to be every play.  So we either need Lee or DJ to tell these guys what to do.

RE: Oakland Raiders cut Derrick Johnson - The_Jonas - 10-17-2018

(10-17-2018, 06:26 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:

Hitchens was on the cowboys last year. And most talking heads gave us shit for signing him to that type of money because he looked like shit in pass defense without Sean Lee next to him. 

Ragland looked good last year for us but apparently it was because DJ told him where to be every play.  So we either need Lee or DJ to tell these guys what to do.

I want a next generation stat that tracks 'yards dragged by ball carrier"

If they tracked it, Hitchens HAS to lead the league.  It's like he gets dragged 5 yards on every tackle.

RE: Oakland Raiders cut Derrick Johnson - Coach - 10-17-2018

Hitchens played a 4-3 in Dallas.  He's obviously either not comfortable playing or doesn't quite understand the 3-4.

RE: Oakland Raiders cut Derrick Johnson - The_Jonas - 10-18-2018

(10-17-2018, 11:06 PM)Coach Wrote:

Hitchens played a 4-3 in Dallas.  He's obviously either not comfortable playing or doesn't quite understand the 3-4.

That's a coaching issue or a lack of study issue.  

We're heading into week 7.  He should know his JOB by now.  

That's nothing to mention him being dragged 5 yards on every tackle and having been been a disaster in coverage.  It's not like he's just being gobble up by guards.  He's not attacking gaps.  He's stopping 5 yards back and waiting.  WTF?  Get in there.  Trust the guy behind you.  Do your job.  

I don't see how confusion of a 34-43 defense prevents him from attacking a running back catching the ball out of the flat when the QB is telegraphing it.  

Where's this 'hit-man' I've heard about?  Look, I'm not trying to be a drag, but throw an S in front of his nickname and you have a more accurate description of his play so far.

I'm very unhappy about the defense.  The lack of development from young players, the inconsistent effort, the horrible pursuit, the absolute blown coverages, the bad tackling. It's not just last week.  It's all season so far.  It's a top to bottom culture issue on that side of the ball that's been developing for years.  KC"s D was TERRIBLE against the Jags, but luckily Bortles sucks (especially on the road).

RE: Oakland Raiders cut Derrick Johnson - mabbott - 10-18-2018

When it comes to players being where they need to be, that is coaching. We have had weeks of this and the tackling isn't getting better. Our pass defense has gotten better (still needs work) but our gap management is horrible. Defense is about knowing where to be and most defenses has a guy or guys that tell everyone where to be. Berry and Johnson were our guys…. now we have ???