Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs Is the Curse Really Over? - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Chiefs Is the Curse Really Over? (/thread-9395.html)

Pages: 1 2

Is the Curse Really Over? - ChiefsChick23 - 10-05-2018

Nice fanpost over at Arrowhead Pride. Give it a read.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/10/5/17940262/why-are-you-scared-of-the-jaguars

What do you think it will take for Chiefs fans to believe that the Chiefs *can* actually win the whole shebang?

Actually winning it once? Or is once a fluke?

Twice?

What? When is the "curse" over?

RE: Is the Curse Really Over? - NOLA - 10-05-2018

I feel like maybe the article you linked and the question you're asking posit two different things?

RE: Is the Curse Really Over? - ChiefsChick23 - 10-05-2018

(10-05-2018, 04:43 PM)NOLA Wrote: I feel like maybe the article you linked and the question you're asking posit two different things?

I probably jumped ahead in my thinking vs. writing it down.

Jax is a team that has beaten good teams - well, one, New England - lost to one okay team - the Titans - and whomped two terrible teams - the Giants and the Jets.  The Chiefs beat an good Chargers team, a still pretty good but declining Steelers team, the mediocre Niners (and that was far closer than it should have been), and eked out a victory from behind in Denver, which was glorious, sure.

I think the *fanbase* is scared of Jax.  Many of us are ready for the let-down and crash back to we ain't that good level and we're going nowhere because you know it's coming, because it always does.

I'm one of those impressed by Jax and will not be surprised if we lose.  Beat Jax, and we can actually believe a little bit.  Lose to Jax and we're the paper tiger we usually are.

As a fanbase, we've been told every year - by articles like this - that we're good enough, we're talented enough, and doggone it, this year isn't like last year (and the year before and the year before and so on). And every year, we get our hearts broken.  We're cursed.  I don't know if they actually built Arrowhead on an Indian burial ground and we've paid for it by not even SNIFFING a Super Bowl since we moved in, but it sure kinda feels like it.

We see that Jax defense and it's scary and we know the script of this - time for a beating, in our house, to prove us frauds ONCE AGAIN.

But this year, they say, is different because we've never had a guy like Patrick Mahomes. The curse is over.

My question to you is... do believe that?

RE: Is the Curse Really Over? - The_Jonas - 10-05-2018

IF you have a star QB in today's NFL, you have a chance.  Every year.

Yes it's over.  The era of broke dick career back up budget starters can go fuck itself.  

Pardon my language.

RE: Is the Curse Really Over? - NOLA - 10-06-2018

I am not scared of Jacksonville, though they mat very well beat us.

I do not believe we were cursed, per se, other than an insistence hiring/playing "broke dick career back up budget starters" (pardon Jonas' language). I think that's over.

Praise be unto Football Jesus.

RE: Is the Curse Really Over? - HG - 10-08-2018

We are not the Cubs. No curse just a lull in our performance

RE: Is the Curse Really Over? - warthog - 10-14-2018

Well, we had the same 5-0 record last year. But we also had Alex Smith.

RE: Is the Curse Really Over? - warthog - 10-14-2018

Also, prediction. If the Chiefs lose tonight you are going to start hearing some people talk about the Chargers winning the division. That’s just how these media type work. Then the Chiefs will beat the Chargers at home.

RE: Is the Curse Really Over? - ChiefsChick23 - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 03:03 PM)warthog Wrote: Also, prediction.  If the Chiefs lose tonight you are going to start hearing some people talk about the Chargers winning the division.  That’s just how these media type work.  Then the Chiefs will beat the Chargers at home.

Yeah, because the Chargers took the Browns to the woodshed suddenly they're good.

RE: Is the Curse Really Over? - NOLA - 10-14-2018

(10-14-2018, 03:03 PM)warthog Wrote: Also, prediction.  If the Chiefs lose tonight you are going to start hearing some people talk about the Chargers winning the division.  That’s just how these media type work.  Then the Chiefs will beat the Chargers at home.

Didn't they do that Week 1?