Home of the Chiefs
Earl Thomas? - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Earl Thomas? (/thread-9389.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Earl Thomas? - NOLA - 09-23-2018

Just saw on ESPN that Schefter is saying that the Chiefs are a potential trade partner for the Seahawks for Earl Thomas.  Thoughts?

RE: Earl Thomas? - tyecopeland - 09-23-2018

I just saw this as well. Problem is that the seahawks have already turned down a trade with the Cowboys that included a 2nd round pick so they are looking for a 1st. And then he'll want to get a new expensive contact. He won't fix all our problems on defense either but he and berry together would be something.

RE: Earl Thomas? - The_Jonas - 09-23-2018

Earl Thomas is awesome.

I mean, I don't know what I'd give up for him, but I'd sure as hell kick the tires on it.

RE: Earl Thomas? - ChiefsChick23 - 09-23-2018

PLEASE YES.

RE: Earl Thomas? - NOLA - 09-23-2018

Yup. Plz make happen.

RE: Earl Thomas? - asskickingboots - 09-24-2018

Biggest thing I've got to point out is we can sweeten the deal in a way the Cowboys can't. Along with whatever draft compensation they need, we can trade a RB like Spencer Ware or Damien Williams. They're both really good, but that's the point. We can live without one or the other and still have Darrell Williams coming off the bench as the 3rd RB.

Getting Thomas would be fan-fucking-tastic, I'm all for it, but getting Berry and Sorensen back would already overhaul our defensive backfield.

RE: Earl Thomas? - ChiefsChick23 - 09-24-2018

(09-24-2018, 07:20 AM)asskickingboots Wrote: Biggest thing I've got to point out is we can sweeten the deal in a way the Cowboys can't. Along with whatever draft compensation they need, we can trade a RB like Spencer Ware or Damien Williams. They're both really good, but that's the point. We can live without one or the other and still have Darrell Williams coming off the bench as the 3rd RB.

Getting Thomas would be fan-fucking-tastic, I'm all for it, but getting Berry and Sorensen back would already overhaul our defensive backfield.

Put Thomas with Berry and put in Sorensen to be mean and nasty as he does best as the situation calls for it.

That would be an INSTANT upgrade.

RE: Earl Thomas? - The_Jonas - 09-24-2018

(09-24-2018, 02:20 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(09-24-2018, 07:20 AM)asskickingboots Wrote: Biggest thing I've got to point out is we can sweeten the deal in a way the Cowboys can't. Along with whatever draft compensation they need, we can trade a RB like Spencer Ware or Damien Williams. They're both really good, but that's the point. We can live without one or the other and still have Darrell Williams coming off the bench as the 3rd RB.

Put Thomas with Berry and put in Sorensen to be mean and nasty as he does best as the situation calls for it.

Huh?  Sorenson isn't mean or nasty.  

Sorenson is more of a rangyish coverage guy.  4.6 speed.  Good hands.  Can't tackle worth a shit.

RE: Earl Thomas? - Chi-town_Chief - 09-24-2018

(09-24-2018, 06:13 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:

Sorenson is more of a rangyish coverage guy.  4.6 speed.  Good hands.  Can't tackle worth a shit.

For this defense that is NASTY!

RE: Earl Thomas? - asskickingboots - 09-24-2018

(09-24-2018, 06:13 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:

White guy stereotype. I can't believe the number of people I've seen call Sorensen "limited" in terms of his athletic ability. The fact that he'll occasionally drop a big hit confirms their bias.