Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Chiefs Training Camp & Preseason 2018 (/thread-9363.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - asskickingboots - 07-30-2018

(07-29-2018, 08:34 PM)HG Wrote: Went to camp today.  It poured.  The amazing thing was that they didnt cancel practice.  Best camp I have been to.  Full contact 11 on 11 in the rain.  The feeling this year is quite different from past years.  Both the players and the fans.  You can feel it.  Oh Yeah.  Mahomes is just......just.......frickin wow!

I'm always worried about someone getting hurt in the rain, but I loved playing in the rain back in high school.

Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - DallasChief - 07-30-2018

(07-30-2018, 07:06 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(07-29-2018, 08:34 PM)HG Wrote: Went to camp today.  It poured.  The amazing thing was that they didnt cancel practice.  Best camp I have been to.  Full contact 11 on 11 in the rain.  The feeling this year is quite different from past years.  Both the players and the fans.  You can feel it.  Oh Yeah.  Mahomes is just......just.......frickin wow!

I'm always worried about someone getting hurt in the rain, but I loved playing in the rain back in high school.

Played a game in a downpour in Pomona, KS in high school. The field was built where a hog lot used to be and the mud smelled like hog shit.

Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - ChiefsChick23 - 07-31-2018

Hey, HG, did KPass make an impression? He's the talk of Chiefs Twitter this morning.

Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - DallasChief - 07-31-2018

(07-31-2018, 11:04 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Hey, HG, did KPass make an impression? He's the talk of Chiefs Twitter this morning.

Just get in your car and drive up there and see for yourself. Stop acting like you live in Texas.

RE: Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - NOLA - 07-31-2018

(07-31-2018, 11:17 AM)DallasChief Wrote:
(07-31-2018, 11:04 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Hey, HG, did KPass make an impression? He's the talk of Chiefs Twitter this morning.

Just get in your car and drive up there and see for yourself. Stop acting like you live in Texas.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - NOLA - 08-03-2018

So... 7 INTs in 6 practices?  We gonna talk about this?  'Cos I'm not worried, and I think one of them was on a free play, but still.... are we not going to talk about camp?

RE: Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - ChiefsChick23 - 08-03-2018

(07-31-2018, 11:17 AM)DallasChief Wrote:

I would, if I had a time machine to that specific practice where everybody was peeing their shoes over KPass.

Alas, the moment passed.

Besides, if I go up now, it will literally be the least eventful practice that ever happened. Instead I'm going on Sunday with HG and then I'm going to the preseason game on Thursday, so enjoy Cowboys-town and trying to find a free illegal feed to watch non-games until the season starts.

I feel your pain.

RE: Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - asskickingboots - 08-03-2018

(08-03-2018, 02:23 PM)NOLA Wrote: So... 7 INTs in 6 practices?  We gonna talk about this?  'Cos I'm not worried, and I think one of them was on a free play, but still.... are we not going to talk about camp?

Let's talk about 'bout practice.

I'm not worried in the slightest. In fact, I want him to make some mistakes in camp so he can learn from them. If he's not making mistakes, then either:
A) Our defense still sucks.
B) They aren't putting real NFL challenges (different coverages, blitzes, etc.) in front of Mahomes.

Nobody is absolutely spotless in practice. Last year there was a practice that Alex completed less than half of his passes against what we now know wasn't a very good defense. He went on to have the best passer efficiency in the NFL.

I don't want him training bad habits, and it sounds like at least one was where Mahomes could have ran it in instead. Coaches told him next time to run it. Don't practice bad habits. That one where the defense was offsides, that's a good habit. I'm all for that. I'm all for him learning too. He needs to test his limits against NFL talent.

RE: Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - The_Jonas - 08-04-2018

(08-03-2018, 02:23 PM)NOLA Wrote: So... 7 INTs in 6 practices?  We gonna talk about this?  'Cos I'm not worried, and I think one of them was on a free play, but still.... are we not going to talk about camp?

I think it's not a concern at all.  

Andy Reid used to complain that Alex didn't throw ENOUGH interceptions in practice and training camp.  Especially when he first arrived back in 2014.  "This is when you want guys taking chances and seeing what they can and can't get away with."

Mahomes does that instinctively.  Good.  I want him testing his windows down the field in training camp.  Not only does Andy not seem alarmed by this, but he seems more giddy for this season than any point in his career.  Every time he talks you can hear him thinking "I know something you don't know!"

Also, last I checked Aaron Rogers had tossed 7 picks in training camp and the other QB's combined had tossed zero.  

I doubt the Packers are concerned.  

It's just the media creating something to oppose the unstoppable Mahomes hype train.

RE: Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - asskickingboots - 08-05-2018

FIRST (unofficial) DEPTH CHART! WHEEEW!

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/05/chiefs-release-first-2018-depth-chart/

Here's what Arrowhead Pride says stands out:
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/8/4/17651986/the-first-kansas-city-chiefs-depth-chart-is-here

Quote:Things that stand out:
  • Cameron Erving is currently listed ahead of Parker Ehinger at left guard. Ryan Hunter, after mixing in with the first team at left guard during OTAs, is now listed as the third right guard.
  • Jace Amaro is listed as the third tight end. Don’t forget that Demetrius Harris is suspended for Week 1, so that spot is especially important as the regular season draws nearer.
  • Damien Williams is listed as the third running back, which makes sense given Charcandrick West’s concussion and Williams’ camp performance, as noted earlier Saturday by Kent Swanson.
  • Undrafted rookie running back Darrel Williams is listed ahead of veteran Kerwynn Williams.
  • Matt McGloin has edged out Chase Litton as the club’s third quarterback so far.
  • Breeland Speaks is listed as the second outside linebacker behind Justin Houston, ahead of veteran Frank Zombo.
  • Rookie Tremon Smith is your fourth cornerback, which makes sense based upon what we’ve seen.
  • Daniel Sorensen is the safety starting with Eric Berry.
  • Rookie safety Armani Watts, who missed time early in camp due to an ankle injury, is buried. Rookie Dorian O’ Daniel is listed as the team’s third left inside linebacker.
  • De’Anthony Thomas is listed as the starting kick returner, with Tremon Smith at No. 2. That will be a battle to watch as camp rolls along.

Thought I'd also add not a single rookie is currently listed as a starter. There are a couple that have a chance to earn it like Speaks, Tre Smith as a returner, and Nnadi (or Speaks) may be a sub package 4 man front starter at DT as it is. Still, this rookie class might add some quality depth we didn't have last year.