Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Chiefs Training Camp & Preseason 2018 (/thread-9363.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - The_Jonas - 08-24-2018

(08-23-2018, 05:42 PM)NOLA Wrote: http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/279834/chiefs-patiently-waiting-for-sammy-watkins-to-earn-his-keep

So, maybe teaching him to play one position at a time would be a better plan for the next two weeks?  Let him pickup the others in practice as the season wears on?

Watkins will be the 3rd option.

I'm not sure why anyone expected him to leap over Hill and Kelce to become KC's top weapon, but he won't and he never had a chance.

RE: Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - asskickingboots - 08-25-2018

Just saw an article that says the Chiefs are underdogs against the Bears in this preseason game.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/25/chiefs-underdogs-vs-bears-in-preseason-week-3/

My first and only thought though was "Who the hell bets on preseason?"

RE: Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - tyecopeland - 08-25-2018

So chase daniel looks really good against us. We'll at least his statline does I haven't watched the game.

(08-25-2018, 01:16 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: So chase daniel looks really good against us. We'll at least his statline does I haven't watched the game.

I haven't watched it all, but defense has looked pretty crappy. The refs have been way too involved in all facets of the game too, extended one of those Chicago TD drives after a penalty on a ticky tack call on a punt.

Mahomes has looked solid though. Complete his first 7 passes. A little miscommunication with Sammy Watkins led to a couple of the incompletions.

Daniel looks good, like he's paid to be one of the better backups in the NFL.

RE: Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - ChiefsChick23 - 08-25-2018

Oh good lord, the defense IS as bad as I was thinking it is.

Gonna lose a lotta ballgames 45-35.

And look, Tyler Bray! Do you guys miss him? Big Grin

Hell, Litton and McGloin BOTH are better than Bray.

RE: Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - Chi-town_Chief - 08-25-2018

Yeah this offense is going to be wasted on a bad D this year.

(08-25-2018, 02:09 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Oh good lord, the defense IS as bad as I was thinking it is.

There's still a lot of starters and contributors out on defense, including Berry, Nelson, Sorenson, Xavier Williams, and Allen Bailey. Some of those guys might miss some extended time, but even adding just Berry would be a huge boost, and he'd be playing if today counted.

It hasn't looked good, but even now I'm not convinced the Chiefs defense is as bad as some think.

RE: Training Camp & Preseason 2018 - ChiefsChick23 - 08-25-2018

(08-25-2018, 02:24 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 02:09 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Oh good lord, the defense IS as bad as I was thinking it is.

There's still a lot of starters and contributors out on defense, including Berry, Nelson, Sorenson, Xavier Williams, and Allen Bailey. Some of those guys might miss some extended time, but even adding just Berry would be a huge boost, and he'd be playing if today counted.

It hasn't looked good, but even now I'm not convinced the Chiefs defense is as bad as some think.

Starters not being on the field do not make guys tackle like that. It was just poor fundamentals ever single damn play.

We played against Chicago's 2's today and they smoked us, and we had LOTS of starters on the field.

Look, I've watched this team long enough to know when we have yet another season of being solid on one side of the ball, and atrocious on the other, but JUST barely good enough to squeak into a playoff game and get embarrassed - AGAIN.

I will say this - no way Kpass' sack was roughing. NO WAY IN HELL.

(08-25-2018, 03:46 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(08-25-2018, 02:24 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:

Starters not being on the field do not make guys tackle like that. It was just poor fundamentals ever single damn play.

We played against Chicago's 2's today and they smoked us, and we had LOTS of starters on the field.

Look, I've watched this team long enough to know when we have yet another season of being solid on one side of the ball, and atrocious on the other, but JUST barely good enough to squeak into a playoff game and get embarrassed - AGAIN.

I will say this - no way Kpass' sack was roughing. NO WAY IN HELL.

Um, wut?

Starters not being on the field can absolutely cause guys to tackle like that. Not only will a few of those guys likely not be starting, the starters that will be there would help get guys into position and do a better job at things like backside pursuit and maintaining their assignments. These guys are backups for a reason, be it inexperience or mediocre talent.

For example, Amerson gave up a big gain on a crossing rub route. That play takes a long time to develop and maybe the pocket collapses sooner and he isn't put into an impossible position against a man busting route if we weren't missing 2 defensive linemen.

I want to reiterate so this isn't misunderstood that I was far from encouraged by the defensive performance. Also, injuries can and will happen during the regular season. Still if someone wants to make a bet with me right now about the defense finishing bottom 5 in yards or bottom 10 in points I'd take it... or I would if I were a betting man, anyway.

On the bright side, Justin Houston ain't no pussy:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/8/25/17782322/justin-houston-on-new-rule-well-be-playing-flag-football-after-a-while

Quote:“We’ll be playing flag football after a while,” Houston told Pryor in the video. “I just went to the ref and asked why they called it. They said he put his weight on top of him, which he didn’t, so I don’t know how we’re supposed to do that. I’m still trying to figure out the rules before we get started.

“I’m still trying to figure out the rules before we get started. I think it’s crazy—a lot of these rules they’re putting in. I understand they want to keep us safe, but it’s a contact sport, and you’re trying to take the contact in it? We know what we signed up for. It’s not like no one is making us do this. You have an option.