Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Chiefs OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9334)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - ChiefsChick23 - 02-04-2019

All the awards Pat won this year:

https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter/status/1091851063077076992

AFC OPOW – Week 1 & 2
AFC OPOM – Sept
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowl MVP
AP First-Team All-Pro
PFWA OPOY
PFWA MVP
PFF MVP
CBS MVP
Sports Illustrated MVP
NFL Fed Ex Air POY
NFL OPOY
AP NFL MVP

Next year is kinda gonna be a let-down no matter what happens.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - asskickingboots - 02-04-2019

(02-04-2019, 09:13 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  All the awards Pat won this year:

AFC OPOW – Week 1 & 2
AFC OPOM – Sept
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowl MVP
AP First-Team All-Pro
PFWA OPOY
PFWA MVP
PFF MVP
CBS MVP
Sports Illustrated MVP
NFL Fed Ex Air POY
NFL OPOY
AP NFL MVP

Not necessarily...

...SB MVP

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - NOLA - 02-04-2019

(02-04-2019, 09:13 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  All the awards Pat won this year:

AFC OPOW – Week 1 & 2
AFC OPOM – Sept
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowl MVP
AP First-Team All-Pro
PFWA OPOY
PFWA MVP
PFF MVP
CBS MVP
Sports Illustrated MVP
NFL Fed Ex Air POY
NFL OPOY
AP NFL MVP

*Ahem*

SUPER BOWL!!!!!

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - tyecopeland - 02-04-2019

So, I was thinking about this the other day. What would the blowback be if mahomes started kneeling for the anthem? Kap got a lot of grief nationally because he really wasn't that good. Peters took heat from KC fans because he was kind of a dick but also because of the typical midwest ideals.

Mahomes is beloved in kc already and obviously is very good and recognized as such nationally.

(02-04-2019, 10:58 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  So, I was thinking about this the other day. What would the blowback be if mahomes started kneeling for the anthem? Kap got a lot of grief nationally because he really wasn't that good. Peter's took heat from KC fans because he was kind of a sick but also because of the typical midwest ideals.

Mahomes is beloved in kc already and obviously is very good and recognized as such nationally.

From me?  None.

You guys who live in KC can probably take the temperature a little better than I can, but I'm guessing there would be some blowback locally.  Probably not a ton, but not none, either.

I still don't understand the Kaepernick thing.  It's mind-boggling to me that he's not on a roster somewhere.  Did you see some of the shit Buffalo started at QB this year?

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - tyecopeland - 02-04-2019

(02-04-2019, 11:01 AM)NOLA Wrote:  
(02-04-2019, 10:58 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  So, I was thinking about this the other day. What would the blowback be if mahomes started kneeling for the anthem? Kap got a lot of grief nationally because he really wasn't that good. Peter's took heat from KC fans because he was kind of a sick but also because of the typical midwest ideals.

From me?  None.

You guys who live in KC can probably take the temperature a little better than I can, but I'm guessing there would be some blowback locally.  Probably not a ton, but not none, either.

I still don't understand the Kaepernick thing.  It's mind-boggling to me that he's not on a roster somewhere.  Did you see some of the shit Buffalo started at QB this year?

Or what Washington put out there at QB after smith went down.

(02-04-2019, 11:16 AM)tyecopeland Wrote:  
(02-04-2019, 11:01 AM)NOLA Wrote:  

From me?  None.

Or what Washington put out there at QB after smith went down.

Indeed.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - DallasChief - 02-04-2019

Especially when you considered they picked up Reuben Foster off of waivers. They'll probably be first in line to sign Kareem Hunt too.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - asskickingboots - 02-04-2019

Terrible hypothetical, but it's officially the offseason so I'll play along.

BLM has a point. I'm Libertarian in many ways, so I'm no fan of police overreach yet alone abuse. Statistically they're wrong about some claims, like that whites actually get shot more often by cops, but there are alternative explanations for that.

Kap was a terrible rep for BLM. Assuming Mahomes wasn't an idiot about the cause and how he presented himself I could see it being a non-issue for most. No Fidel Castro shirts, pig socks, or waiting disingenuously until he got demoted to get his name back in the news.

If he acted like Kap, it would not take long to wear on the public nor the team. If he instead articulated the cause well and actively worked with willing police departments it could be a net positive for the cause and only a mild distraction.