Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Chiefs OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread (/thread-9334.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - Chi-town_Chief - 01-06-2018

Nfl. Com reporting that chiefs are open to trading smith and that teams may be willing to trade more than 2 2nds which is what we gave for him.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - mabbott - 01-06-2018

After this game, I want Alex gone. He is too conservative to take a team anywhere.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - The_Jonas - 01-06-2018

(01-06-2018, 12:46 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: Nfl. Com reporting that chiefs are open to trading smith and that teams may be willing to trade more than 2 2nds which is what we gave for him.

Yeah, INTERESTING that they'd report that the day of a playoff game.

Isn't it?

Especially since every KC fan on earth was already aware.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - The_Jonas - 01-06-2018

(01-06-2018, 08:46 PM)mabbott Wrote: After this game, I want Alex gone. He is too conservative to take a team anywhere.

He's gonna keep doing it.  First half?  You see the Alex that 'could have been'.  

Then we see him in the 2nd.  Did he even throw for 30 yards in the 2nd half?

Same shit as the Colts game.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - asskickingboots - 01-06-2018

(01-06-2018, 10:01 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 08:46 PM)mabbott Wrote: After this game, I want Alex gone. He is too conservative to take a team anywhere.

He's gonna keep doing it.  First half?  You see the Alex that 'could have been'.  

I agree about Alex, but this was partially the genius of the coaching staff. Oh, the Titans have a good run D, but we have a lead and want to run the clock... how about a million WR screens in a row? FUCKING BRILLIANT!

The only damn hope I have as a fan at this point is that somehow "Because Chiefs" becomes "Because Mahomes" and it's no longer a negative.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - The_Jonas - 01-07-2018

(01-06-2018, 10:48 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:

I agree about Alex, but this was partially the genius of the coaching staff. Oh, the Titans have a good run D, but we have a lead and want to run the clock... how about a million WR screens in a row? FUCKING BRILLIANT!

The only damn hope I have as a fan at this point is that somehow "Because Chiefs" becomes "Because Mahomes" and it's no longer a negative.

I  hear you.  I just want a clear 'turn the page to the next chapter' now.

Look.. Alex was a needed stop gap.  With the hemorrhaging bloody corpse left by Pioli, Matt Asshole, and  Crennel Alex was a great 'stop gap'.  I knew what he was.  He's actually exceeded my expectations of what he could even accomplish.  I want Mahomes,and I want Andy to either get it done or get the fuck out of town.

I'm not doing this Marty shit again.  i''ve been a fan since I was nine. That's 1989.  I never saw a great QB in KC... and sure not one they tried to develop and be 'the guy' for 10-15 years., and It's obvious (to me) that mahomes is the best shot this team has had at a long term winner (Elite QB +good defense = perennial playoff contender).  

Just Turn the page. Thanks Alex.  You were the QB KC fans needed... but not the one they deserved.

One of the reasons I love Mahomes is because Reid can call a trash play and he'll MAKE something happen.  Look... KC v Denver.  Watch that final drive.  Mahomes just makes plays other guys don't make.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - asskickingboots - 01-07-2018

(01-07-2018, 12:27 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-06-2018, 10:48 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:

I  hear you.  I just want a clear 'turn the page to the next chapter' now.

Look.. Alex was a needed stop gap.  With the hemorrhaging bloody corpse left by Pioli, Matt Asshole, and  Crennel Alex was a great 'stop gap'.  I knew what he was.  He's actually exceeded my expectations of what he could even accomplish.  I want Mahomes,and I want Andy to either get it done or get the fuck out of town.

I'm not doing this Marty shit again.  i''ve been a fan since I was nine. That's 1989.  I never saw a great QB in KC... and sure not one they tried to develop and be 'the guy' for 10-15 years., and It's obvious (to me) that mahomes is the best shot this team has had at a long term winner (Elite QB +good defense = perennial playoff contender).  

Just Turn the page. Thanks Alex.  You were the QB KC fans needed... but not the one they deserved.

One of the reasons I love Mahomes is because Reid can call a trash play and he'll MAKE something happen.  Look... KC v Denver.  Watch that final drive.  Mahomes just makes plays other guys don't make.

I still love me some Alex. He might have been the single most important element save for maybe the coach in turning us from a 2-14 laughing stock into a consistent winner. He is competent, and that is a compliment I don't think any Chiefs QB has earned since Green.

Also, he wanted to win as badly as anyone. How many heroic runs did he have for 1st downs this year? Like getting airborne and welcoming some punishment to make something happen.

Consistent winner isn't good enough, though. I don't just want to win regular season games. I'll take it over 2-14, 4-12, and 6-10 any day, but like you said we've been through the Marty years and the Vermeil years. It takes more than regular season success to excite me anymore, especially since the heartbreak is so damn numbing at the end of all these years.

I agree. Thanks Alex. No really, thanks. He served his purpose and was a likeable guy through all of the years. I'll remember him fondly, but I was ready for the Mahomes era to start about 10 steps into the parking lot.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - tyecopeland - 01-07-2018

Is Mahomes going to call more run plays?

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - The_Jonas - 01-07-2018

(01-07-2018, 11:33 AM)tyecopeland Wrote: Is Mahomes going to call more run plays?

Nah, but maybe he can gain more than 30 yards in an entire half and not lay up a brick with the game on the line.

This season Alex has had the ball I think six times now at the end of the game with a chance to win.  KC lost five of them.

Mahomes was 1 for 1.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - Chi-town_Chief - 01-07-2018

This play right here is a perfect embodiment of why we need to move on to Mahomes. Game on the line 3rd and 10 and smith bails on the pocket and tries to run. Just to go fetal again 

https://mobile.twitter.com/ClayWendler/status/949801961813172224/photo/1