Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Chiefs OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9334)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - ChiefsChick23 - 11-04-2018

As of right now, Mahomes has 26 TD's. The franchise record is 30 in a season, set by Len Dawson in 1964.

Does Pat break that record today, or next week in front of the home crowd vs. the Cardinals?

I think he ties the record today, breaks it on the first drive next week at home.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - NOLA - 11-04-2018

(11-04-2018, 12:09 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  As of right now, Mahomes has 26 TD's.  The franchise record is 30 in a season, set by Len Dawson in 1964.

Does Pat break that record today, or next week in front of the home crowd vs. the Cardinals?

I think he ties the record today, breaks it on the first drive next week at home.

I think he pulls a "what a fun easy record" today.  Mahomes slows down for nothing.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - ChiefsChick23 - 11-04-2018

(11-04-2018, 12:10 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(11-04-2018, 12:09 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  As of right now, Mahomes has 26 TD's.  The franchise record is 30 in a season, set by Len Dawson in 1964.

I think he pulls a "what a fun easy record" today.  Mahomes slows down for nothing.

My prediction is based on Cleveland's D being actually somewhat decent-ish, and expecting a score or two rushing.

(11-04-2018, 12:17 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  

My prediction is based on Cleveland's D being actually somewhat decent-ish, and expecting a score or two rushing.

I figure he's gonna throw a lot of screens and backfield passes to Hunt to try to neutralize pass rush, something the Chiefs oline has struggled with this season.

(11-04-2018, 12:38 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(11-04-2018, 12:17 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  

I figure he's gonna throw a lot of screens and backfield passes to Hunt to try to neutralize pass rush, something the Chiefs oline has struggled with this season.

Yep.  There it is.  That's one.

Wait. I was thinking he needed 4 TDs, but he really needs 5, right? Nah. This game is gonna be a blowout. 4 passing TDs for Mahomes and another 2 rushing TDs for whomever.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - Wade Wilson - 11-04-2018

I normally don’t bash refs but this crew doesn’t even appear to have a full knowledge of the rules they are supposed to be enforcing.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - The_Jonas - 11-04-2018

"Wow, what a fun easy game!"

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - asskickingboots - 11-04-2018

(11-04-2018, 09:59 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:  Mahomes talent was on display at tech.  

Pundits and others want to kind of play hide the ball with their own failure.  They give a lot of credit to Alex Smith.  I'm sure Alex helped a lot with structure and professionalism.  I'm skeptical as hell that Alex taught him how to play QB.  Seems he was already pretty good at it.

The REALLY annoying thing is Andy Reid.  Andy Reid has largely been a punchline in the NFL for over a decade.  His playcalling and clock management routinely used as a 'don't do this' staple.  NOW all of a sudden Mahomes is a product of QB guru and offensive supermind Andy Reid, who apparently now has the combined offensive knowledge of Bill Walsh, Sid Gillman, and Don Coryell and fabricated this quarterback out of a horribly flawed prospect.

I honestly think a lot of people just didn't do the work on him.  They knew he was a tech guy and didn't follow through on any real substantial scouting.   The idea that any pro NFL scout could watch his film and not see 'special talent' is honestly hard for me to believe.  

I mean look at this:

[Image: suhADfo.gif]

He's got 51 on puppet strings.  He just moves him out of his throwing lane and throws a strike. 

You put this stuff on film it's not like defenders are saying "All right, time to expose this guy!"  

They're more like "Holy hell, how do you stop THAT?"  Then they watch it over and over again in their sleep while having nightmares.

Heart Big Grin Heart

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - The_Jonas - 11-04-2018

After years of budget starters and career back ups at QB, this feels like cheating. 

Talentwise this guy is miles above anyone who's played QB for the chiefs.  I mean the best QB KC has had over the past 40- years is a 500 year old Joe Montana, Trent Green, or Alex Smith.  

It's crazy.  It's another LEAGUE of talent.  Guys like Mahomes play for the teams that break my heart.  Until now.

Also, Mahomes shares a verbal tick of mine where he frequently starts a response with "Yeah, I mean..."  It really annoys me, because it's something I DO that annoys me about myself.