Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Chiefs OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9334)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - DallasChief - 10-26-2018

FOR THE RECORD.... we are unjinxable now.

SUPER BOWL!

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - HG - 10-26-2018

We are soooo fucked now

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - ChiefsChick23 - 10-28-2018

(10-26-2018, 01:12 PM)HG Wrote:  We are soooo fucked now

Well, we know where to show up with pitchforks and torches, don't we?

Oh, by the way...

With 4 TD passes today, Mahomes has 26 TD passes this year.

Matches the entire SEASON last year.

4 away from a tie with the franchise record - 30 - set by Len Dawson in 1964.

Cool Cool Cool

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - The_Jonas - 10-28-2018

(10-28-2018, 05:22 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  

Oh, by the way...

Cool Cool Cool

Mahomes is on pace for over 5000 yards and 52 touchdowns.

In his first season as a starter.  

I was about as high on Mahomes as anyone, but honestly...  this is ridiculous.  KC could potentially have two 1000 yard WR's, a 1000 yard TE, and a 1000 yard rusher in the same season.  I know, for a fact, that has never happened.  I expected 30+ TD's and 4000 yards, but he's going to have that by week 12 at this rate.  

Oh golly though, he's already thrown more interceptions in 8 games than Alex did in all of last year, but it's hard to notice with all the touchdowns and the 5 million dollar punter becoming a spectator.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - ChiefsChick23 - 10-29-2018

(10-28-2018, 11:02 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  

Oh, by the way...

Cool Cool Cool

I was about as high on Mahomes as anyone, but honestly...  this is ridiculous.  KC could potentially have two 1000 yard WR's, a 1000 yard TE, and a 1000 yard rusher in the same season.  I know, for a fact, that has never happened.  I expected 30+ TD's and 4000 yards, but he's going to have that by week 12 at this rate.  

Oh golly though, he's already thrown more interceptions in 8 games than Alex did in all of last year, but it's hard to notice with all the touchdowns and the 5 million dollar punter becoming a spectator.

The weird thing is that I don't recall many of those INT's being a huge disaster for the Chiefs. The D seems to stiffen up pretty good after one of those INT's.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - The_Jonas - 10-29-2018

(10-29-2018, 07:50 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  
(10-28-2018, 11:02 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  

Oh, by the way...

Cool Cool Cool

The weird thing is that I don't recall many of those INT's being a huge disaster for the Chiefs. The D seems to stiffen up pretty good after one of those INT's.

The only ones that really hurt were the two against the Patriots.  The first one gave them a very short field (I think they were like inside KC's 15) and the other kept points off the board at the end of the half.  Points that, ultimately, accounted for the margin of defeat.

And that's only because they were one of the few teams that could keep up offensively.  Interceptions just overall hurt a lot less when your team scores 5 touchdowns a game.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - tyecopeland - 11-03-2018

Espn+ peyton manning detail this week is on mahomes. The little clip they show for free isn't extraordinary by any means but the whole thing is likely a little better, I don't get the videos for + but I do still have access to the articles.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - asskickingboots - 11-03-2018

Dan Patrick: "Do you have doubts going into games?"
Mahomes: "No."

Chris Simms more or less says the same some of us believe, the only reason Mahomes fell to us is people scouted the school instead of the player.

And most of his best highlights from the first half of the year.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - The_Jonas - 11-04-2018

Mahomes talent was on display at tech.  

Pundits and others want to kind of play hide the ball with their own failure.  They give a lot of credit to Alex Smith.  I'm sure Alex helped a lot with structure and professionalism.  I'm skeptical as hell that Alex taught him how to play QB.  Seems he was already pretty good at it.

The REALLY annoying thing is Andy Reid.  Andy Reid has largely been a punchline in the NFL for over a decade.  His playcalling and clock management routinely used as a 'don't do this' staple.  NOW all of a sudden Mahomes is a product of QB guru and offensive supermind Andy Reid, who apparently now has the combined offensive knowledge of Bill Walsh, Sid Gillman, and Don Coryell and fabricated this quarterback out of a horribly flawed prospect.

I honestly think a lot of people just didn't do the work on him.  They knew he was a tech guy and didn't follow through on any real substantial scouting.   The idea that any pro NFL scout could watch his film and not see 'special talent' is honestly hard for me to believe.  

I mean look at this:

[Image: suhADfo.gif]

He's got 51 on puppet strings.  He just moves him out of his throwing lane and throws a strike. 

You put this stuff on film it's not like defenders are saying "All right, time to expose this guy!"  

They're more like "Holy hell, how do you stop THAT?"  Then they watch it over and over again in their sleep while having nightmares.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - NOLA - 11-04-2018

(11-04-2018, 09:59 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:  Mahomes talent was on display at tech.  

Pundits and others want to kind of play hide the ball with their own failure.  They give a lot of credit to Alex Smith.  I'm sure Alex helped a lot with structure and professionalism.  I'm skeptical as hell that Alex taught him how to play QB.  Seems he was already pretty good at it.

The REALLY annoying thing is Andy Reid.  Andy Reid has largely been a punchline in the NFL for over a decade.  His playcalling and clock management routinely used as a 'don't do this' staple.  NOW all of a sudden Mahomes is a product of QB guru and offensive supermind Andy Reid, who apparently now has the combined offensive knowledge of Bill Walsh, Sid Gillman, and Don Coryell and fabricated this quarterback out of a horribly flawed prospect.

I honestly think a lot of people just didn't do the work on him.  They knew he was a tech guy and didn't follow through on any real substantial scouting.   The idea that any pro NFL scout could watch his film and not see 'special talent' is honestly hard for me to believe.  

I mean look at this:

[Image: suhADfo.gif]

He's got 51 on puppet strings.  He just moves him out of his throwing lane and throws a strike. 

You put this stuff on film it's not like defenders are saying "All right, time to expose this guy!"  

They're more like "Holy hell, how do you stop THAT?"  Then they watch it over and over again in their sleep while having nightmares.

I will say this: ANDY knows the real score, and has said many times that Mahomes is just that talented, and that you can't teach some of the things he can do.