Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Chiefs OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread (/thread-9334.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - The_Jonas - 01-03-2018

(01-03-2018, 04:39 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 03:37 PM)DallasChief Wrote: Is his contract tradeable?  $20M is a lot of money.

Yeah. If he is traded the new team would take on the contract.

Teams routinely extend players in that exact situation to get their cap # down.

If someone is willing to trade for Smith, they'll want to extend him.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - Chi-town_Chief - 01-03-2018

Let's hope this will be a very prosperous thread with a lot of highlights like this. 

Side note. That announcers voice is very annoying. Just the way she talks bothers me.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - The_Jonas - 01-03-2018

(01-03-2018, 04:43 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:

Let's hope this will be a very prosperous thread with a lot of highlights like this. 

Side note. That announcers voice is very annoying. Just the way she talks bothers me.

I was making butch lesbian jokes all night.  She sounds like Jodie Foster on steroids.

1.  Look at 17 seconds.  The ease with which he just launches it from his back foot.  Yeah, he overthrew it... but wow!  The importance of throwing with velocity off of your back foot cannot be quantified.  It makes a QB SO dangerous.  

2.  30 seconds.  Who else in the NFL is even capable of such a play?  Besides Rogers.  Running backwards from 2 defenders takes a huge hit and drops a DIME in the middle of 3 bronco defenders.  Look at the reaction from 29.  Plays like this break a defense's will.  

3.  A lot of strong armed QB's show a lack of touch or accuracy on short passes, but that's not the case with Mahomes.  He makes several touch passes over the middle hitting WR's in stride to keep running.

I'm a big time believer in this guy.  I dunno what 'it' is, but he has 'it' in spades.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - mabbott - 01-03-2018

(01-03-2018, 03:37 PM)DallasChief Wrote: Is his contract tradeable?  $20M is a lot of money.
20 Million is actually middle of the road pricing for starting QBs. He will have the 13th highest salary for 2018.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - NOLA - 01-03-2018

(01-03-2018, 05:43 PM)mabbott Wrote:
20 Million is actually middle of the road pricing for starting QBs. He will have the 13th highest salary for 2018.

I was thinking that as well.  Even as a one-year rental it's not a bad price, especially for a team that's close.

I would think a team trading for him would want to work out an extension, but I don't think the salary by itself is a deal-breaker.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - Chi-town_Chief - 01-03-2018

(01-03-2018, 04:49 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:

I was making butch lesbian jokes all night.  She sounds like Jodie Foster on steroids.

1.  Look at 17 seconds.  The ease with which he just launches it from his back foot.  Yeah, he overthrew it... but wow!  The importance of throwing with velocity off of your back foot cannot be quantified.  It makes a QB SO dangerous.  

2.  30 seconds.  Who else in the NFL is even capable of such a play?  Besides Rogers.  Running backwards from 2 defenders takes a huge hit and drops a DIME in the middle of 3 bronco defenders.  Look at the reaction from 29.  Plays like this break a defense's will.  

3.  A lot of strong armed QB's show a lack of touch or accuracy on short passes, but that's not the case with Mahomes.  He makes several touch passes over the middle hitting WR's in stride to keep running.

I'm a big time believer in this guy.  I dunno what 'it' is, but he has 'it' in spades.

Stop it. I can only get so hard.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - NOLA - 01-03-2018

(01-03-2018, 06:15 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 04:49 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:

[Image: stop_penis_erect_archer.gif]

FYP.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - asskickingboots - 01-03-2018

One Saturday I was flipping through channels and I saw an entertaining football game and stuck with it. I was in for a hell of a ride. I'd heard of Mahomes, but hadn't really watched more than a couple clips until this day.

Yes, my man crush was instantaneous.

Holy shit! Not only did I watch the most insane amount of yards put up by both teams, I saw one of the greatest games by a QB ever in college, and I saw it completely wasted by the most ineffective defense I've ever seen.

Any time someone says something like Mahomes didn't win enough in college, show them that video and ask him what he should have done differently, besides commit to a better school. That defense was ass, even by Big XII standards or really any standards.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - asskickingboots - 01-04-2018

Seth Keysor's All-22 Review of the Broncos Game:
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/1/3/16842168/patrick-mahomes-all-22-vs-the-broncos-buckle-up

Seeing a couple of these throws from the rear angle made them look more open than they did live, but man can Mahomes stick it to tight windows.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - DallasChief - 01-04-2018