Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Chiefs OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread (/showthread.php?tid=9334)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - NOLA - 09-27-2018

(09-27-2018, 02:30 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(09-26-2018, 03:27 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-26-2018, 02:40 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(09-24-2018, 02:23 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  Heh, everybody's saying the Niners game was Mahomes' "worst" game.

This season.  Big Grin

I've actually seen people say "I don't really see him playing any worse than this."

Was the first time I thought "yeah dude, Mahomes isn't THAT good.

There's not a great QB in history that didn't have awful games.  If Drew Brees, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, John Elway, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Johnny Unitas could have bad games, so can Patrick.  

I put Drew up front because he's far too frequently left out of 'greatest of all time' lists, when he's easily top 10 of all time.

Thanks bud! I would probably have him ahead of everybody but Brady, probably Montana, and of course, Mahomes (the undisputed GOAT).  Ahead of Rodgers cos Rodgers isn't done yet, and I don't see whatever it is that everybody else sees.  He's a HOFer too, sure, but I'm not sure why he gets so much more love than Brees.  Elway's a dick who won his first SB because of TD and his second because ATL gonna ATL.  Marino's a dick too, plus Brees took away the one thing he had.  Peyton Mannign should probably be ahead of him, but fuck that.  Even Archie loves Brees more (you can see him rooting against the Colts from a suite during that SB).

I'm not sure people understand how many records Brees is going to own when he retires.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Incidentally, I think he's gonna screw up the scheduling and set the all-time passing yards record this weekend in New York instead of next Monday here in New Orleans like the league desperately tried to schedule it (Brees is always on primetime for the milestones).  Which is a bummer cos I'm going to that game, but whatevs.

(09-27-2018, 02:57 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I feel blessed that the Bolts went with the imminently collapsing Phillip Rivers over Brees. Brees is not some Garbage Time All Pro.

By the same token (And I said this at the time! Just like about Payton!), we should have brought him in for a visit in spring '06 even though Green was still here and coming off a fantastic season. 

Could've hired Payton, kept the draft pick, and signed Brees.  I understand why no one ever talks about that, but still.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - The_Jonas - 09-27-2018

(09-27-2018, 03:13 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-26-2018, 02:40 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(09-24-2018, 02:23 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:  Heh, everybody's saying the Niners game was Mahomes' "worst" game.

This season.  Big Grin

I've actually seen people say "I don't really see him playing any worse than this."

There's not a great QB in history that didn't have awful games.  If Drew Brees, Joe Montana, Dan Marino, John Elway, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, and Johnny Unitas could have bad games, so can Patrick.  

I put Drew up front because he's far too frequently left out of 'greatest of all time' lists, when he's easily top 10 of all time.

Thanks bud! I would probably have him ahead of everybody but Brady, probably Montana, and of course, Mahomes (the undisputed GOAT).  Ahead of Rodgers cos Rodgers isn't done yet, and I don't see whatever it is that everybody else sees.  He's a HOFer too, sure, but I'm not sure why he gets so much more love than Brees.  Elway's a dick who won his first SB because of TD and his second because ATL gonna ATL.  Marino's a dick too, plus Brees took away the one thing he had.  Peyton Mannign should probably be ahead of him, but fuck that.  Even Archie loves Brees more (you can see him rooting against the Colts from a suite during that SB).

I'm not sure people understand how many records Brees is going to own when he retires.

Incidentally, I think he's gonna screw up the scheduling and set the all-time passing yards record this weekend in New York instead of next Monday here in New Orleans like the league desperately tried to schedule it (Brees is always on primetime for the milestones).  Which is a bummer cos I'm going to that game, but whatevs.

13 TD's is impressive.

Something pretty damn impressive about completing 81% of your passes through three games too.  It's not low volume either.  He's 104/129 and has over 1000 yards already.  

That's fuckin' crazy!

*cough cough*  

Back to the topic of Mahomes impending legend.  

Are you guys over or under on Mahomes tossing 3 or more TD's against Dungver?

(09-27-2018, 03:19 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  
(09-27-2018, 03:13 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-26-2018, 02:40 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  This season.  Big Grin

13 TD's is impressive.

Something pretty damn impressive about completing 81% of your passes through three games too.  It's not low volume either.  He's 104/129 and has over 1000 yards already.  

That's fuckin' crazy!

It is amazing, and it's a testament to Brees that he's doing that this late in his career.  He's lost a bit on his long ball as far as accuracy, but he's just playing at such a high level.  I know Payton is supposed to be a genius or whatever, but so is Belichick and yet Brady gets all kinds of love.  The best receivers Brees had in his entire career until Michael Thomas showed up were old Joe Horn for one year, the Saints GOAT Marques Colston, and Jimmy Graham, who dunked his way out of town.  It's nuts.  Brees makes average players look good, and good players look like All Pros.

But to try to bring this back around to my new personal Lord and Savior, Patrick Mahomes II, I think I'm glad Mahomes' agents kept him out of New Orleans.  The Brees/Mahomes dynamic would've been a "classier" repeat of the Favre/Rodgers thing, and I also think Brees would be playing somewhere else this season because, frankly, even his prime, Brees couldn't/can't do the things Mahomes can do.  But the thing is, I do believe that Mahomes can do all the things Brees can do.  He hasn't been doing them for long enough yet for me to have any credible reason to say that, but he sure as shit looks like he can.  For me, when I think of Brees, I think of great reads and execution, risk-taking, and unbelievable accuracy, along with really impressive and credible leadership (witness any of the NFL pregame shows showing him leading a pregame chant).  The only one of those things I haven't seen from Mahomes--and arguably better in his limited time--is the leadership thing, but that's not something I'd see on TV, and also not something I expect from a second-year player in his first starting season.  Brees didn't grow into that role until his 3rd year in San Diego, and I fully believe Mahomes has the ability to do it too.

But Mahomes also has so many other tools in his toolkit, including his ability to improvise--something I don't consider Brees to be all that great at--which means he could very well end up with all the records by the time he's done so long as he can have as healthy a career as Brees.  And remember, while Brees came back from one major injury, he recovered in the offseason, and otherwise has only missed two starts due to injury, I believe.

Also, I missed the edit, but I believe Mahomes throws 3 TDs to Kelce alone. Denver can't defend tight ends, so I would put the Mahomes passing TD over/under at 5. Not sure where to cap the team. I'm really expecting a primetime blood-letting. Hope I'm not disappointed.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - asskickingboots - 09-27-2018

(09-27-2018, 03:15 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(09-27-2018, 02:57 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  I feel blessed that the Bolts went with the imminently collapsing Phillip Rivers over Brees. Brees is not some Garbage Time All Pro.

By the same token (And I said this at the time! Just like about Payton!), we should have brought him in for a visit in spring '06 even though Green was still here and coming off a fantastic season. 

Could've hired Payton, kept the draft pick, and signed Brees.  I understand why no one ever talks about that, but still.

Main thing that scared me about the idea was Brees was coming off a shoulder injury and far from a sure thing.

Still, that's one case where you had the right idea for sure.

(09-27-2018, 03:53 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  

Main thing that scared me about the idea was Brees was coming off a shoulder injury and far from a sure thing.

Still, that's the one case where you had the right idea for sure.

FYP.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - DallasChief - 09-28-2018

This is not the Drew Brees appreciation thread.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - Chi-town_Chief - 09-28-2018

(09-27-2018, 04:02 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

FYP.

It took me a lot longer to find the difference in these posts than I would like to admit.

RE: OFFICIAL PATRICK MAHOMES Thread - NOLA - 09-28-2018

(09-28-2018, 10:12 AM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  
(09-27-2018, 04:02 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

FYP.

It took me a lot longer to find the difference in these posts than I would like to admit.

I knew it!  I knew I'd get somebody.