Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs vs. Titans, Playoffs Wild Card Round - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Chiefs vs. Titans, Playoffs Wild Card Round (/thread-9333.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

vs. Titans, Playoffs Wild Card Round - asskickingboots - 01-01-2018

The 10-6 AFC West Division Champion Chiefs host the 9-7 Tennessee Titans in Arrowhead at 3:25pm Saturday January 6th.  Home playoffs in the frigid weather. Love it!

Just so you know what we're up against.

(EDIT: Video was removed from YouTube. It was Mariota hilariously running into his RB face to face as the ball goes flying up into the air past them as the Jags scoop and score).

That was somehow part of a winning effort for the Titans against the playoff bound Jags (don't think they were resting any players either).

Now, here's where I mention that means the Titans D held the Jags O to 3 points in 12 drives. Statistically the Titans rank 17th in points defensively, 13th in yards, very average. So maybe it's just a case of facing the right team at the right time (Jags offense is not good), or maybe they're hitting their stride at the right time.

Offensively, the Titans are challenged. 19th ranked in points, 23rd in yards. Better at running than passing, but not really good at either. Titans don't take care of the ball and are -4 in turnover margin compared to KC at +15, second best in the league.

It's pretty weird to say this, or rather it would have been 6 months ago or even 1 month ago, but if this becomes a track meet I have a hard time seeing the Titans keep up with KC's offense. The defense will eventually force a stop or takeaway.

We took care of the playoff losing streak a couple years ago. Now, it's time to take care of a home playoff win. If the Chiefs play their A game, they can beat anybody.

RE: vs. Titans, Playoffs Wild Card Round - ChiefsChick23 - 01-02-2018

This was the matchup I wanted most (given that we couldn't actually face JAX based on current seeding, which I would have loved to see.  Our top flight O vs. their badass D would have been a GAME).

I won't be seeing much of this game, as I will be in Oklahoma teaching martial arts, but damn skippy I'll follow it on my phone!

RE: vs. Titans, Playoffs Wild Card Round - mabbott - 01-03-2018

This was the matchup I was hoping for. Baltimore is a team that has the pieces to be very dangerous and has underperformed most of the year. I didn't want to catch them on a good day.  The Titans are beatable, we need to stop their run and for Mariota to win the game. He has not had a good year.

RE: vs. Titans, Playoffs Wild Card Round - asskickingboots - 01-04-2018

DeMarco Murray is ruled OUT for our playoff game.

Don't get me wrong, Derrick Henry is still a decent back, but this makes an already one-dimensional offense even more limited.

RE: vs. Titans, Playoffs Wild Card Round - ChiefsChick23 - 01-04-2018

All we really gotta do in this game is pass the hell out of the ball.  Be the "high powered" offense it's supposed to be.

RE: vs. Titans, Playoffs Wild Card Round - The_Jonas - 01-05-2018

I think KC has a major advantage in this game, and losing would absolutely qualify as a 'choke'.  

KC wins by 10+

RE: vs. Titans, Playoffs Wild Card Round - NOLA - 01-05-2018

Do we think the boo birds will come out if Alex struggles early?  I can't see Andy pulling him for Mahomes under any circumstance, but I can imagine an angry Arrowhead crowd calling for it after last week.

RE: vs. Titans, Playoffs Wild Card Round - ChiefsChick23 - 01-05-2018

(01-05-2018, 09:14 AM)NOLA Wrote: Do we think the boo birds will come out if Alex struggles early?  I can't see Andy pulling him for Mahomes under any circumstance, but I can imagine an angry Arrowhead crowd calling for it after last week.

Yes.

RE: vs. Titans, Playoffs Wild Card Round - NOLA - 01-05-2018

(01-05-2018, 09:20 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:
(01-05-2018, 09:14 AM)NOLA Wrote: Do we think the boo birds will come out if Alex struggles early?  I can't see Andy pulling him for Mahomes under any circumstance, but I can imagine an angry Arrowhead crowd calling for it after last week.

Yes.

[Image: sxbvu7q.gif]

RE: vs. Titans, Playoffs Wild Card Round - asskickingboots - 01-05-2018

(01-05-2018, 09:20 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:

Yes.

I disagree. If we were in the midst of a bad offensive stretch, absolutely, but the offense has looked good the last month. They built some good will back up with most fans.

Of course, at any sporting venue there will always be a small percentage of loud, drunk assholes that yell "cut his ass!" after every single bad play, regardless of the player in question. Add that to the handful of people that would criticize Alex if he saved a gaggle of orphans, puppies, and cheerleaders from a burning building, and you'll get a small smattering any time the offense struggles, but not enough to really say the boo birds are out.