Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs Game 16: Chiefs at Donkeys - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Chiefs Game 16: Chiefs at Donkeys (/thread-9328.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Game 16: Chiefs at Donkeys - ChiefsChick23 - 01-02-2018

The shocking stat...

Pat Mahomes is the first QB *drafted by the Chiefs* to win a game since Todd Marinovich.

RE: Game 16: Chiefs at Donkeys - mabbott - 01-02-2018

I told my wife, when Bray was put in that we were giving away the game.... it didn't take long for Bray to prove me right!  I can't believe he is still on our roster. Hopefully next year that will change.

Game 16: Chiefs at Donkeys - DallasChief - 01-02-2018

(01-02-2018, 03:32 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: The shocking stat...

Pat Mahomes is the first QB *drafted by the Chiefs* to win a game since Todd Marinovich.

OMG, I just realized I always pronounced his name “black ledge” but that doesn’t seem right when I see it spelled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Game 16: Chiefs at Donkeys - HG - 01-02-2018

Did you really say Todd Marinovich?

RE: Game 16: Chiefs at Donkeys - ChiefsChick23 - 01-03-2018

(01-02-2018, 07:44 PM)HG Wrote:

Did you really say Todd Marinovich?

Yes. I was having a senior moment.

You're really, really, REALLY familiar with those, right?

Of course I meant Blackledge.

RE: Game 16: Chiefs at Donkeys - HG - 01-03-2018

Yet with mine everyone thinks its normal.  You yours stand out more.  Notice no one else pointed that out.  THey are scared  of you

RE: Game 16: Chiefs at Donkeys - NOLA - 01-03-2018

(01-03-2018, 10:00 AM)HG Wrote: Yet with mine everyone thinks its normal.  You yours stand out more.  Notice no one else pointed that out.  THey are scared  of you

DC got a zinger in before you noticed.

RE: Game 16: Chiefs at Donkeys - ChiefsChick23 - 01-03-2018

(01-03-2018, 10:41 AM)NOLA Wrote:
(01-03-2018, 10:00 AM)HG Wrote: Yet with mine everyone thinks its normal.  You yours stand out more.  Notice no one else pointed that out.  THey are scared  of you

Of course, I was a Cardinals fan when Blackledge was a Chief so...

That's still really sad.

RE: Game 16: Chiefs at Donkeys - DallasChief - 01-03-2018

(01-03-2018, 10:41 AM)NOLA Wrote:

HG doesn't read my posts. Sad.

RE: Game 16: Chiefs at Donkeys - NOLA - 01-03-2018

(01-02-2018, 12:26 AM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 05:33 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 01:29 PM)NOLA Wrote: Got to see the video now.  Thanks, AKB.

Mahomes looks very much like a project to me, but one with some serious potential.  There were some amazing throws in there, along with some real head-scratching decisions.

Agreed about his potential, but Jonas is right. He seems to get away with things consistently that no one else would because he literally can do things no one else can.

I don't think it's a coincidence his headscratching plays seem to work out. He's bound to be less successful at his wing and a prayer plays than college, but we've already seen a couple "that would never work in the NFL" plays in just his first game.

I think project is too negative of a term for him. Project suggests things like not knowing the playbook and needing to correct mechanical issues. Tyler Bray is a project... that might even be a positive thing to say about him at this point. That's not a problem for Mahomes. I imagine you meant it from more from a decision making standpoint, but I don't think that's going to change much. He will always take some crazy chances, but that's because he's crazy like a fox.

I didn't see any head scratching decisions.  I thought he played smart and within himself.  His INT was just an awful throw.  Inaccurate bad pass.  Thomas WAS open on that play, but he ball sailed.  

He made a throw on that 2 minute drive that nobody in the NFL, except maybe Aaron Rogers, is even capable of.  Von Miller chasing him down, running backwards?  

He made another 3rd down pass to wilson with a guy literally hanging off his of leg.  Mechanics?  No step in... rifled the ball 10-15 yards.  Mechanics are for lesser QB's.

This kid is legit.  KC has never had a QB with this kind of raw talent as long as Iv'e been a fan.  I've only seen a FEW QB's with this kind of raw talent across the entire NFL in my 25+ years as a fan.  Most of them kinda turned out awesome.

I'm not kidding.  The floor is Stafford.  The Ceiling is Aaron Rogers.  I haven't been this confident in a player since KC drafted the sure-thing called Eric Berry.

Either way, KC is gonna need a checkbook handy in 3-4 years.

Bill Barnwell compared him to Rodgers on the Twitters.

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/948616105442074624