Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs Dee Ford to IR - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Chiefs Dee Ford to IR (/thread-9319.html)

Pages: 1 2

Dee Ford to IR - ChiefsChick23 - 12-08-2017

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/12/8/16750604/chiefs-shut-down-dee-ford-for-the-season-is-this-the-end-for-him-in-kc

The article link asks if this is the end for him in KC.

While he's flashed at times, my answer is yes.

RE: Dee Ford to IR - mabbott - 12-08-2017

He doesn't warrant a big contract for inconsistent play. There are better options coming out of college. I had high hopes for him... but this should have been the year to prove his worth and he has been absent.

RE: Dee Ford to IR - asskickingboots - 12-08-2017

Exactly,  mabbott. If he wants to stay here on a cheap deal or prove it deal I'm fine with that. He hasn't done enough to warrant more, but I doubt he'd stay for cheap.

RE: Dee Ford to IR - mabbott - 12-08-2017

(12-08-2017, 12:34 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Exactly,  mabbott. If he wants to stay here on a cheap deal or prove it deal I'm fine with that. He hasn't done enough to warrant more, but I doubt he'd stay for cheap.

Honestly, I would rather someone over pay him to be a roller coaster of performance for them.  I like the potential of the young linebackers we have.

RE: Dee Ford to IR - BrooklynChiefsFan - 12-08-2017

hope someone pays him a fuckton of money and we get a comp 3rd.

RE: Dee Ford to IR - HG - 12-08-2017

Biggest disappointment since Percy Snow

RE: Dee Ford to IR - ChiefsChick23 - 12-08-2017

(12-08-2017, 04:37 PM)HG Wrote: Biggest disappointment since Percy Snow

Bigger disappointment than Trezelle Jenkins?

At least Ford had moments of effectiveness when healthy.

(12-08-2017, 12:37 PM)mabbott Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 12:34 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Exactly,  mabbott. If he wants to stay here on a cheap deal or prove it deal I'm fine with that. He hasn't done enough to warrant more, but I doubt he'd stay for cheap.

Honestly, I would rather someone over pay him to be a roller coaster of performance for them.  I like the potential of the young linebackers we have.

I'm fine with someone overpaying him and us getting a fat comp pick too, like BCF was suggesting.

But as far as our young LBs, I like KPass, but he's a project still and no one is proven. We would probably need to draft or sign a rush LB about as much as we need a new CB or two. This is one of those 17 million reasons we won't have Alex Smith next year.

RE: Dee Ford to IR - The_Jonas - 12-08-2017

(12-08-2017, 05:54 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 12:37 PM)mabbott Wrote:

I'm fine with someone overpaying him and us getting a fat comp pick too, like BCF was suggesting.

But as far as our young LBs, I like KPass, but he's a project still and no one is proven. We would probably need to draft or sign a rush LB about as much as we need a new CB or two. This is one of those 17 million reasons we won't have Alex Smith next year.

Yup.  Unless Kc pays Ford like a situational 3rd down rusher, they're paying him too much.  I wasn't ecstatic about Ford when KC drafted him, and it wasn't because KC already had Hali and Houston.  I'm all about drafting pass rushers.  He hasn't really disappointed me.  He's actually been BETTER than I expected.  I expected him to be a bust.  

Kpass has shown nothing, but apparently he looks good without a shirt on.   Rolleyes   Player's take time to develop, yadda yadda, but seems like a wasted pick as of right now.  You usually want your projects to be a little younger than 23, but whatever.  

KC has no first round pick, but could sure as hell use one for a pass rusher or cornerback.