Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs Week 8 vs. Broncos, Monday Night Football - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Chiefs Week 8 vs. Broncos, Monday Night Football (/thread-9303.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Week 8 vs. Broncos, Monday Night Football - asskickingboots - 10-21-2017

Yet another nationally televised game for the Chiefs as they look to get back on track at home against the Broncos on Monday Night Football. Now would be a great time for some Big Red Mini-Bye Week Magic.

Going into the season many viewed this 3 game stretch as the hardest for the Chiefs and some even considered it the hardest 3 game stretch of any team, Steelers, Raiders, Broncos. The Chiefs went into this stretch 5-0 with a chance to bury multiple potential playoff rivals in terms of the division and home field advantage. Despite having chances to win both of the first 2 games, the Chiefs came up empty handed. Now they have to defeat the Broncos to keep pace atop the AFC.

The Broncos face the LA Chargers on Sunday for the second time already this season. It took last second heroics to defeat the Bolts at home, now the Broncos have a home away from home game to prove... whatever it is that beating the Chargers proves.

The opening schedule for the Broncos has been laughably easy, especially with hindsight and including an early bye. Only the Raiders look like a quality opponent they beat (Cowboys have a losing record at the moment... then again, so do the Raiders), yet the Broncos beat them with a convincing defensive performance dragging a struggling offense to victory as has been the formula for winning in Denver over recent years. The only Denver opponent with a winning record so far is the 3-2 Bills.

The Chiefs schedule on the other hand has been a murderer's row, really only facing one team (likely) out of playoff contention. Still, the end results for the two teams are the only thing that matters and they're pretty similar. Both teams have 2 losses and the Broncos have a chance to tie for cut into the division lead against a team most people think they should beat.

Then again, most people thought the Broncos would have the Giants' collective ass handed to them on a silver platter, but it turns out they had the Giants' hands assed to them instead (think about it).

This is a huge game with playoff implications in front of a raucous crowd of Arrowhead faithful. Get it done, Chiefs!

RE: Week 8 vs. Broncos, Monday Night Football - tyecopeland - 10-21-2017

There is no chance for a tie for awhile as the broncos have already had their bye. If they win the next 2 they have a 0.5 game lead on us with the tiebreaker. If they lose either of the next 2 they will be 0.5 game behind us which is where they will be after this week if they beat the chargers.

RE: Week 8 vs. Broncos, Monday Night Football - asskickingboots - 10-21-2017

(10-21-2017, 01:29 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: There is no chance for a tie for awhile as the broncos have already had their bye. If they win the next 2 they have a 0.5 game lead on us with the tiebreaker. If they lose either of the next 2 they will be 0.5 game behind us

You're right. Edited for accuracy.

RE: Week 8 vs. Broncos, Monday Night Football - asskickingboots - 10-22-2017

Well, I didn't watch the game but apparently the Broncos got freaking blanked by the Chargers, 21-0... wow...

RE: Week 8 vs. Broncos, Monday Night Football - ChiefsChick23 - 10-23-2017

(10-22-2017, 06:27 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Well, I didn't watch the game but apparently the Broncos got freaking blanked by the Chargers, 21-0... wow...

Good.

That helps, anyway.

Now we have to put our own house in order.  And quick.

RE: Week 8 vs. Broncos, Monday Night Football - mabbott - 10-23-2017

The key to beating the Broncos is load the box and take away the running game. This will force them to pass, the Chargers did this and look what happened. ....

So, this means we will play zone and give up lots of yards!

RE: Week 8 vs. Broncos, Monday Night Football - HG - 10-23-2017

Before this 5 game stretch with 4 night games and Pittsburgh stuck in the middle.  I did say that if we went 3 and 2 during this stretch it would be a good thing.  While the last loss hurts if we are 7 and 2 after Monday thats a good thing.  Rest of the division gets to start their hard part

RE: Week 8 vs. Broncos, Monday Night Football - asskickingboots - 10-23-2017

I already forecasted how important it could be for the Chiefs to get Steven Nelson back. Apparently, there's a possibility that this could be the week. At the very least this is the week he could return according to the rules.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/10/23/16525684/chiefs-cb-steve-nelson-could-return-vs-broncos

I'm hoping his return, be it this week or beyond, results in more traditional 2 safety sets. That could help both against the run and pass.

RE: Week 8 vs. Broncos, Monday Night Football - asskickingboots - 10-23-2017

Just saw an ad for our game on MNF, talking about the Chiefs as loaded on offense. I don't think anyone has said that about the Chiefs since 2005. This year continues to be so bizarre to me.

RE: Week 8 vs. Broncos, Monday Night Football - ChiefsChick23 - 10-24-2017

(10-23-2017, 09:22 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Just saw an ad for our game on MNF, talking about the Chiefs as loaded on offense. I don't think anyone has said that about the Chiefs since 2005. This year continues to be so bizarre to me.

And it's too much to ask for the defense and offense to be good in the same year, isn't it?