Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs Week 5 @ Texans, Sunday Night Football - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Chiefs Week 5 @ Texans, Sunday Night Football (/thread-9294.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Week 5 @ Texans, Sunday Night Football - asskickingboots - 10-03-2017

The only undefeated team in the NFL makes their 97th straight trip to Houston to face the QB they traded up early to avoid being stuck with.

Texans are coming off an impressive win against the Titans a week after nearly beating the Patriots. Watson has looked very impressive with 5 total TDs last week.

Chiefs are beyond a doubt going to get everyone's best shot for the foreseeable future. This is yet another huge game and could have important playoff implications.

RE: Week 5 @ Texans, Sunday Night Football - NOLA - 10-03-2017

Okay, so this is the game I'm nervous about.

RE: Week 5 @ Texans, Sunday Night Football - ChiefsChick23 - 10-03-2017

(10-03-2017, 12:10 PM)NOLA Wrote: Okay, so this is the game I'm nervous about.

Has the makings of a trap game, don't it?

But I dunno, man... I think the Chiefs know Watson better than most, as they theoretically could have drafted the kid.

RE: Week 5 @ Texans, Sunday Night Football - NOLA - 10-03-2017

(10-03-2017, 12:47 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:

But I dunno, man... I think the Chiefs know Watson better than most, as they theoretically could have drafted the kid.

I categorically disagree that it's a trap game at this point.  Houston has been good for awhile, and we play them every year, and they've beat us in recent memory.  More than once, I think.  It mostly just makes me nervous because they always play us tough, their d-line is awesome and our oline sucks something fierce right now.  So, again, I don't think it's a trap because I can't see how the Chiefs look past this game, I just think Houston is a bad matchup for us right now.

That said, I have complete faith that the Houston Texans will never, ever be good in the grand scheme of things, so I think we can beat them, but yeah... that d-line is gonna cause us problems.

RE: Week 5 @ Texans, Sunday Night Football - Chi-town_Chief - 10-03-2017

(10-03-2017, 01:13 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 12:47 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote:

I categorically disagree that it's a trap game at this point.  Houston has been good for awhile, and we play them every year, and they've beat us in recent memory.  More than once, I think.  It mostly just makes me nervous because they always play us tough, their d-line is awesome and our oline sucks something fierce right now.  So, again, I don't think it's a trap because I can't see how the Chiefs look past this game, I just think Houston is a bad matchup for us right now.

That said, I have complete faith that the Houston Texans will never, ever be good in the grand scheme of things, so I think we can beat them, but yeah... that d-line is gonna cause us problems.

Gotta say I agree with this. I think a trap game would be against a bad team (which out side of the chargers we don't have alot of). Houston is a good team that has been playing pretty well the last couple games.

RE: Week 5 @ Texans, Sunday Night Football - HG - 10-03-2017

They beat us last year.  We beat them twice the year before.  Game 1 and the playoffs

RE: Week 5 @ Texans, Sunday Night Football - asskickingboots - 10-03-2017

Yeah, this is a team we could very well face in the playoffs, again. The Texans might have an easier path to the playoffs considering their division is garbage besides the relatively unproven Titans, but it wouldn't be a fluke for them to make it by any means.

RE: Week 5 @ Texans, Sunday Night Football - ChiefsChick23 - 10-04-2017

I just want to know why they never play this game in Arrowhead.

Then again, when the Chiefs play the Steelers, most of the time we're hosting them, so maybe I won't complain too much.

RE: Week 5 @ Texans, Sunday Night Football - ChiefsChick23 - 10-04-2017

Did you guys know we have a single turnover this year - that Hunt fumble in game 1?

Nothing since.

We are currently +5 in turnover differential.

Houston is 0 - given as many as they've taken.

Cool

RE: Week 5 @ Texans, Sunday Night Football - asskickingboots - 10-04-2017

(10-04-2017, 08:41 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: Did you guys know we have a single turnover this year - that Hunt fumble in game 1?

Nothing since.

We are currently +5 in turnover differential.

Houston is 0 - given as many as they've taken.

Cool

Watson, despite being billed as Alex Smith like coming out of college, doesn't take care of the ball. He didn't in college and he hasn't as a pro so far.

In basically 3 games Watson has thrown 3 INTs and fumbled the ball 2 times, though Houston recovered both.

So long as we contain Watson on the ground, we can make him look like the noob he is.