Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs Week 2 vs. Eagles, Chiefs Home Opener - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Chiefs Week 2 vs. Eagles, Chiefs Home Opener (/thread-9275.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Week 2 vs. Eagles, Chiefs Home Opener - asskickingboots - 09-10-2017

Watched a little bit of the 30-17 road victory for the Eagles at the Redskins. Most of the game was pretty evenly matched, surprisingly good defense on the part of the Eagles kept the Skins down until a key fumble led to a defensive TD that pretty well sealed it.

We should be a better team than the Eagles, but I'm glad they won so we're less likely to fall asleep on them or have our heads still in Foxborough.

The Eagles did lose a key player in their secondary as well, Ronald Darby. He might even miss all season. Their fans are not big believers in the cornerbacks after Jalen Mills, so maybe there's a weakness to exploit.

The players gave Doug Pederson a Gatorade bath after the game. I know there's a little extra emotion tied to a week 1 game, especially against a division rival, but geez. Maybe they did it because there's been some talk locally about if Pederson is qualified and even that DC Jim Schwartz is eyeing his job.

Their offense is clearly derivative of the offense Doug learned here since there were a ton of bubble screens. It's a huge meme among their fans to bitch about that right now. Been there.

RE: Week 2 vs. Eagles, Chiefs Home Opener - KCChiefs1986 - 09-10-2017

(09-10-2017, 05:06 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Watched a little bit of the 30-17 road victory for the Eagles at the Redskins. Most of the game was pretty evenly matched, surprisingly good defense on the part of the Eagles kept the Skins down until a key fumble led to a defensive TD that pretty well sealed it.

We should be a better team than the Eagles, but I'm glad they won so we're less likely to fall asleep on them or have our heads still in Foxborough.

The Eagles did lose a key player in their secondary as well, Ronald Darby. He might even miss all season. Their fans are not big believers in the cornerbacks after Jalen Mills, so maybe there's a weakness to exploit.

The players gave Doug Pederson a Gatorade bath after the game. I know there's a little extra emotion tied to a week 1 game, especially against a division rival, but geez. Maybe they did it because there's been some talk locally about if Pederson is qualified and even that DC Jim Schwartz is eyeing his job.

Their offense is clearly derivative of the offense Doug learned here since there were a ton of bubble screens. It's a huge meme among their fans to bitch about that right now. Been there.

I feel like any real Chiefs fan is gonna take the Patriots victory with a grain of salt. I don't care what ESPN or FOX Sports are saying about Week 1 being Alex Smith's "Best game". Weve seen this man do this before, against the Colts in the playoffs and against the Saints when he was on the 49ers. (I was telling people in the spring of 2013 that we should get Alex Smith, thankfully we did). But he has not proven himself to be a deep ball threat. Our defense is memorable, i at this point expect them to make things happen and to get turnovers, i as a Chiefs fan can never forget their effort. But our offense has been suspect for years. Bottom line, i think the Chiefs will beat Andy Reid's old team, but Alex Smith is still on the hot seat, he needs TDS and Passing yards to keep his job, otherwise i think he needs to be sent to a competitor (maybe the Texans)

RE: Week 2 vs. Eagles, Chiefs Home Opener - ChiefsChick23 - 09-11-2017

I'm taking one game at a time, and honestly, as a Chiefs fan, I'm not expecting a win.

I find the default position of not thinking we'll win makes it more fun when we do.

RE: Week 2 vs. Eagles, Chiefs Home Opener - ChiefsChick23 - 09-11-2017

We lost Berry, but they lost Darby and their kicker - are we supposed to remember their names? Some dude named Sturgis - will also be out.

And RT Peters has tweaked his groin but will play.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Week 2 vs. Eagles, Chiefs Home Opener - NOLA - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 02:20 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: We lost Berry, but they lost Darby and their kicker - are we supposed to remember their names? Some dude named Sturgis - will also be out.

Sturgis is out?  Fuck, my fantasy team is a needs a MASH unit.

RE: Week 2 vs. Eagles, Chiefs Home Opener - HG - 09-11-2017

Lets pluck them birds

RE: Week 2 vs. Eagles, Chiefs Home Opener - NOLA - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 02:24 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 02:20 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: We lost Berry, but they lost Darby and their kicker - are we supposed to remember their names? Some dude named Sturgis - will also be out.

Sturgis is out?  Fuck, my fantasy team is a needs a MASH unit.

Oof.  My typos are reaching HG levels.

RE: Week 2 vs. Eagles, Chiefs Home Opener - ChiefsChick23 - 09-13-2017

Nice.  I have the Chiefs on FOX down here in DFW, and then they show Cowboys-Broncos.

If the Chiefs win I'll definitely watch the Cowboys.  Cool

RE: Week 2 vs. Eagles, Chiefs Home Opener - HG - 09-13-2017

Will be at the game and then the Donks are on and the Raiders jets are on at the same time.  (that one could get ugly)

RE: Week 2 vs. Eagles, Chiefs Home Opener - asskickingboots - 09-13-2017

I'll be sure to listen to the Donks game on the way home after the win.