Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs Spencer Ware has a torn PCL - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Chiefs Spencer Ware has a torn PCL (/thread-9262.html)

Pages: 1 2

Spencer Ware has a torn PCL - asskickingboots - 08-27-2017

Spencer Ware has a torn PCL and some LCL damage. He will almost certainly have season ending surgery, though he and the team are still exploring other options.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/8/27/16211174/rb-spencer-wares-season-is-likely-over

Terrible news and this makes the backfield a lot less crowded. I know a lot of people haven't been pleased with West in the past and a lot have little or no hope for CJ Spiller, we better start hoping one or both can step up because otherwise that's a lot of pressure on our rookie Hunt.

Don't be surprised if we're looking for another back come time for cuts.

RE: Spencer Ware has a torn PCL - asskickingboots - 08-27-2017

Actually saw an interesting idea someone threw out there. If Spiller and West aren't worthy of more than a handful of carries, then they could use DAT for a handful of plays as well. 

DAT is going to make this roster regardless based on his special teams play. Might as well get some extra use out of him. He doesn't have the size (clearly) to be a consistent between the tackles runner, but he can be there for outside runs, draws, screens, sweeps, etc.

Honestly it's a good idea to put DAT in the backfield a few times a game just in the hopes of getting a LB lined up against him in coverage when you flex him out or running wheel routes.

Hard to remember how excited I was about DAT when we drafted him. He looked good as a rookie. Maybe it is time for him to make good on some of his potential.

RE: Spencer Ware has a torn PCL - DallasChief - 08-28-2017

I think Hunt will take the bulk of the carries. And I think he'll do great.

RE: Spencer Ware has a torn PCL - asskickingboots - 08-28-2017

I think so too, I just don't want to overload Hunt. Most guys hit a rookie wall because the NFL season is longer and more demanding.

RE: Spencer Ware has a torn PCL - mabbott - 08-28-2017

I hate to see Ware get injured; however, it will give Hunt the opportunity to show that he is our feature back. I feel the CJ Spiller will be good as long as he is a back up. He at least has the opportunity to make big plays. West has the ability to make big plays but is just too slow.

RE: Spencer Ware has a torn PCL - NOLA - 08-28-2017

CJ Spiller is garbage.  Truly awful.  He will not contribute.

(08-28-2017, 05:47 PM)NOLA Wrote: CJ Spiller is garbage.  Truly awful.  He will not contribute.

Andy Reid doesn't feel that way.  I guess we will see in a few days if he can or will contribute.

RE: Spencer Ware has a torn PCL - NOLA - 08-28-2017

(08-28-2017, 06:12 PM)mabbott Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 05:47 PM)NOLA Wrote: CJ Spiller is garbage.  Truly awful.  He will not contribute.

Andy Reid doesn't feel that way.  I guess we will see in a few days if he can or will contribute.

No, fair enough, but man I'm not gonna miss my chance to a do drive-by slandering on Spiller every time I see his name come up.

(08-28-2017, 06:52 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(08-28-2017, 06:12 PM)mabbott Wrote:

No, fair enough, but man I'm not gonna miss my chance to a do drive-by slandering on Spiller every time I see his name come up.
And it is your consistency that is appreciated!  Smile

RE: Spencer Ware has a torn PCL - chiefsfaninky - 08-28-2017

I don't know what happened to Spiller after his rookie year. He was pretty good, but hasn't done squat since. Maybe this change in scenery will do him and us some good. Here's to hoping so.