Home of the Chiefs
Dorsey released???? - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Dorsey released???? (/thread-9242.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Dorsey released???? - mabbott - 06-22-2017

I honestly don't understand this move at all why wouldn't we keep him this year even if they weren't going to sign him to an extension? Please help me understand this .

RE: Dorsey released???? - NOLA - 06-22-2017

I smell an Andy Reid - John Dorsey power struggle here.  Based on today's news, I think we all know which way it went.

Damn.  I liked Dorsey's work to date.  Of the two, I'm not sure we kept the right guy.  In a better world, both would still be in KC.

EDIT: Note that my concern here is not about Andy as a coach at all... it's about Andy as a GM, and how he always has to have that power.  It was supposed to be different this time, bro!  You promised me you had changed!

RE: Dorsey released???? - asskickingboots - 06-22-2017

Andy with GM power is a bad idea. I really hope this isn't what this is about.

This is a far bigger guy punch to me than releasing JMac. I had no freaking idea this was gonna happen.

RE: Dorsey released???? - Chi-town_Chief - 06-22-2017

Fuck this team. Seriously fuck them. I'm so pissed right now. 

It better come out he was doing some illegal shit. Because he was the best thing to happen to this team in decades.

This is starting Elvis Grbac over gannon stupid.

RE: Dorsey released???? - chiefsfaninky - 06-22-2017

WOW. This announcement came out of nowhere. When Pollard went to the Colts, I was hoping Dorsey would be here atleast another 4-5 years.  His 4 drafts and acquisitions have been the best this team has had in decades. Hope this plays out for the best, for the Chiefs.  Dorsey probably already has a job.

RE: Dorsey released???? - asskickingboots - 06-22-2017

Now that I've had at least a couple hours to ponder this, it seems pretty clear something ticked off Clark and/or Reid about how this offseason has went down.

I was going to type out a big long blurb, but to keep it short (but still pure speculation) it seems to me like Clark or Reid or both didn't like the way either the cap was handled (additional evidence being they fired the cap guy) or the way players were treated, including JMac, Charles, and even EB during his negotiations.

The one thing I know is the Chiefs were still interested in extending JD before this offseason, but something changed that made them not want him anymore, and I doubt it was the money he was asking for.

EDIT: Only other likely answer is the Chiefs knew Dorsey was planning to bolt for GB and didn't want him poaching our coaches and front office as well as using our draft resources.

RE: Dorsey released???? - NOLA - 06-22-2017

(06-22-2017, 06:31 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Now that I've had at least a couple hours to ponder this, it seems pretty clear something ticked off Clark and/or Reid about how this offseason has went down.

I was going to type out a big long blurb, but to keep it short (but still pure speculation) it seems to me like Clark or Reid or both didn't like the way either the cap was handled (additional evidence being they fired the cap guy) or the way players were treated, including JMac, Charles, and even EB during his negotiations.

The one thing I know is the Chiefs were still interested in extending JD before this offseason, but something changed that made them not want him anymore, and I doubt it was the money he was asking for.

EDIT: Only other likely answer is the Chiefs knew Dorsey was planning to bolt for GB and didn't want him poaching our coaches and front office as well as using our draft resources.

I'm betting it was the Maclin thing that finally did it.  He's an Andy guy, who Andy wanted to go get and pay $10mil/year to be a decoy.  Dorsey was right to dump him, but Andy can't have it.  That is my speculation.

(06-22-2017, 06:31 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: Now that I've had at least a couple hours to ponder this, it seems pretty clear something ticked off Clark and/or Reid about how this offseason has went down.

And that's the part that kills me. I get the loyalty aspect that they go for but at the end of the day this is a business and sometimes a hard cut has to be made.

RE: Dorsey released???? - tyecopeland - 06-22-2017

I'm going to be honest here. I actually don't mind the move but I think we are going to be very good this year. We are starting to look like a dumpster fire. KC Star reports Reid isn't taking over GM duties which is good but I still don't think we are going to be very good the next couple years.