Home of the Chiefs
Chiefs Ales Smith is out! - Printable Version

+- Home of the Chiefs (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Gridiron (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: 65 Toss Power Trap (http://www.homeofthechiefs.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Chiefs Ales Smith is out! (/thread-9153.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Ales Smith is out! - HG - 11-02-2016

(11-02-2016, 05:39 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: This is insane..... Who the hell is Ales?

Isnt that Hillary's best friend?

Ales Smith is out! - NOLA - 11-02-2016

(11-02-2016, 06:17 PM)HG Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 05:39 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote: This is insane..... Who the hell is Ales?

Isnt that Hillary's best friend?

Wrong forum. This election sucks enough without you dragging it into our football talk. Please don't do that.

Sent from my Batphone... because I'm Batman!

RE: Ales Smith is out! - HG - 11-03-2016

Well At least I got a reaction.  So its been a good day. lol

Ales Smith is out! - NOLA - 11-03-2016

(11-03-2016, 05:16 AM)HG Wrote: Well At least I got a reaction.  So its been a good day. lol

I will ban you.

RE: Ales Smith is out! - HG - 11-03-2016

Ha!  Okay then.  Ban away.

RE: Ales Smith is out! - The_Jonas - 11-03-2016

(11-02-2016, 03:49 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 03:22 PM)HG Wrote: Watch the press conference he had.  He feels fine

Right. Which is why this is all suspicious. This feels much more like benching him than anything injury related.

Yeah, I don't think so. 

KC is playing the jags at home, and they're taking precautionary measures.  

The reasons may simply be about optics, since they look like real assholes running an option shortly after he came back from a concussion test only for him to get put down again.  The team maintains he didn't have a concussion, Alex maintains he's fine.  Dealing with concussions has become about more than player health.  It's about the perception of how the NFL takes care of players.  

I'm not going to speculate on much, but I still think Alex is going to be the starter if Foles goes out and puts up 300 yards and 4 TD's.

RE: Ales Smith is out! - NOLA - 11-03-2016

(11-03-2016, 03:53 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:
(11-02-2016, 03:22 PM)HG Wrote: Watch the press conference he had.  He feels fine

Right. Which is why this is all suspicious. This feels much more like benching him than anything injury related.

Yeah, I don't think so. 

The reasons may simply be about optics, since they look like real assholes running an option shortly after he came back from a concussion test only for him to get put down again.  The team maintains he didn't have a concussion, Alex maintains he's fine.  Dealing with concussions has become about more than player health.  It's about the perception of how the NFL takes care of players.  

I'm not going to speculate on much, but I still think Alex is going to be the starter if Foles goes out and puts up 300 yards and 4 TD's.

Yeah, I'm not advocating benching Alex, I'm just saying this whole thing has been handled strangely.

RE: Ales Smith is out! - The_Jonas - 11-03-2016

(11-03-2016, 04:19 PM)NOLA Wrote:
(11-03-2016, 03:53 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:

Yeah, I don't think so. 

Yeah, I'm not advocating benching Alex, I'm just saying this whole thing has been handled strangely.

Which I agree with.

I don't think there's a chance Andy wants to bench Alex for Foles, so all I'm left with is the belief that it's probably about image.  The NFL league office may even be pressuring them.  Remember that whole Case Keenum thing?

RE: Ales Smith is out! - mabbott - 11-04-2016

I agree it is about image and playing it safe. Even if it was a little concussion, I would rather give Alex a week to rest it rather than have him play against a team that our defense should be able to win the game alone.

RE: Ales Smith is out! - The_Jonas - 11-04-2016

(11-04-2016, 10:43 AM)mabbott Wrote: I agree it is about image and playing it safe. Even if it was a little concussion, I would rather give Alex a week to rest it rather than have him play against a team that our defense should be able to win the game alone.

I have a hunch of KC was playing the Patriots in Foxboro this wouldn't even be a topic of discussion.