Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Chiefs GAME 8 2018: Chiefs vs Broncos

(10-24-2018, 09:59 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
Short answer, no.

The long answer is also no, but with a lot more laughter afterwards.

[Image: evil-laugh-farnworth.gif]

Breeland Sparks is always noticeable for the wrong reasons.

EDIT: Speaks. Whatever. Guy is fucking useless.

(10-28-2018, 12:15 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Breeland Sparks is always noticeable for the wrong reasons.

EDIT: Speaks.  Whatever.  Guy is fucking useless.

Counterpoint: he got there fast on that fumble recovery.

They keep saying mahomes threw 3 tds. He threw 4. 2 to Watkins. One to j
Kelce and one to hunt.

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(10-28-2018, 02:29 PM)NOLA Wrote:  
(10-28-2018, 12:15 PM)NOLA Wrote:  Breeland Sparks is always noticeable for the wrong reasons.

He's a rookie who is supposed to be mostly sitting and learning from Houston. I think he's been okay for having been thrown in there so much so soon. I mean he leap frogged the guy we drafted last year for the same purpose. He's made some plays. And I'd argue he's given us more than Hitchens has. Thank God Watkins is playing up to his contract or both our big free agent signings would be wasted money.

(10-28-2018, 04:19 PM)tyecopeland Wrote:  

He's a rookie who is supposed to be mostly sitting and learning from Houston. I think he's been okay for having been thrown in there so much so soon. I mean he leap frogged the guy we drafted last year for the same purpose. He's made some plays. And I'd argue he's given us more than Hitchens has. Thank God Watkins is playing up to his contract or both our big free agent signings would be wasted money.

Yeah, I probably don't give Speaks enough credit, but he's been visible the last couple of weeks.

Do you think Watkins is living up to his contract?  I'm rooting for the guy, and today was a great game, but he's been pretty quiet for the most part, and missed the first Denver game almost entirely due to a non-contact injury.

Well, that was fun.

Big Grin

[Image: CC23sig3copy.gif]

(10-28-2018, 05:10 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

Yeah, I probably don't give Speaks enough credit, but he's been visible the last couple of weeks.

Do you think Watkins is living up to his contract?  I'm rooting for the guy, and today was a great game, but he's been pretty quiet for the most part, and missed the first Denver game almost entirely due to a non-contact injury.

Well he's probably not playing up to his contract but he's been pretty good for what we ask him to do, he's the 4th option and has been over 50 yards in 5 games. I'd say he's been more than what I was expecting and has been pretty good at drawing coverage off kelce and hill at times.

Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe, per The Athletic’s Nicki Jhabvala:
Quote:“They beat us by a total of 10 points. I’m tired of losing, especially in Kansas City. I really hate Kansas City. really hate it. I don’t like coming here. I don’t like anything about them except for Travis (Kelce). Travis is the only one I like over there.”

I count this as an important milestone in becoming the unstoppable villain of the AFC West, as well as the road to being a villain in the AFC and the entire league.

EDIT: Thought I'd add Chris Harris' thoughts:

Quote:“This was one of the hardest losses that I have ever had in the regular season. You fight so hard and do whatever you can to win and it’s really upsetting."

(10-28-2018, 05:10 PM)NOLA Wrote:  

He's on pace for 900 yards.  

I'm not sure what people expected.  Did anyone think he'd be the first option ahead of Kelce and Hill?  

He's doing about what I expected, including being perpetually dinged up.  There was never really a chance of him living up to that bloated contract.