Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

University of Missouri controversy

I want to discuss this.  

I know this forum loves to avoid these things, but I say let's get some opinions out there.  

I read the demands and I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous it was.  When a demand is 'admit your white male privilege" I just facepalm.   I know a lot of folks here are 'Mizzou' folks.  What are your thoughts Warthog, AKB?

I'm astounded how insane the world has gone.  It seems like a few incidents happened and a hate mob formed and went after the president.  Is that a bad interpretation?

I think it's stupid that everyone started clamoring for the president to resign after the football team made a statement (and by everyone I mean the political figures of missouri). I think it's stupid that many of the articles about this story have to being up Ferguson, but I hate more that the president's non reaction to Ferguson actually had a significant part to why certain students felt he should be gone (like he needs to do anything in response to an incident like that). I think it's stupid that the president took the cowards way out and gave up his position. I think it's stupid that the university hadn't let the president go before if he's had other un related issues (no idea, but have heard that there are other things he's done a real sorry job of doing).

Two more.

I think it's stupid the president wouldn't meet with whatever group it was to discuss their issues but I think it's stupid that they thought stopping his car was the best way to force said discussion.

(11-09-2015, 09:21 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  I want to discuss this.  

I know this forum loves to avoid these things, but I say let's get some opinions out there.  

I read the demands and I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous it was.  When a demand is 'admit your white male privilege" I just facepalm.   I know a lot of folks here are 'Mizzou' folks.  What are your thoughts Warthog, AKB?

I'm astounded how insane the world has gone.  It seems like a few incidents happened and a hate mob formed and went after the president.  Is that a bad interpretation?

The moment I heard that was the moment I almost completely turned on the protesters. Then I heard about them illegally stopping his car and physically barring media from the counter protest.

Before I could understand why they might think he hasn't done enough, even if I thought they were being way too dramatic. I know there's been more incidents than this, but what do you expect the university president to do about some disturbed moron smearing feces on the wall in the shape of a swastika? Call a national press conference saying "We aren't going to tolerate that shit"?

I didn't listen to much of it on the radio, but none of the people I heard that were happy he resigned had any real clue about what to change now. They got their change in leadership, but in terms of what they expect to be done differently all they could talk about were blanket statements about racism and vague idealism. I figured I'd at least hear something stupid like creating an ultimately useless committee, but they couldn't even think of that. I'd like to hear any real ideas the protesters had besides those ridiculous demands, but I haven't heard them and I have a feeling I won't like their answers.

I don't think Wolfe was innocent here, but I don't think he was deliberately supporting systemic racism either. He was just trying to sweep every controversy he could under the rug. It isn't healthy for the university to blow every minor incident into a national story or to take sides on outside incidents like Ferguson.

(11-10-2015, 03:36 AM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(11-09-2015, 09:21 PM)The_Jonas Wrote:  I want to discuss this.  

I read the demands and I couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous it was.  When a demand is 'admit your white male privilege" I just facepalm.   I know a lot of folks here are 'Mizzou' folks.  What are your thoughts Warthog, AKB?

The moment I heard that was the moment I almost completely turned on the protesters. Then I heard about them illegally stopping his car and physically barring media from the counter protest.

Before I could understand why they might think he hasn't done enough, even if I thought they were being way too dramatic. I know there's been more incidents than this, but what do you expect the university president to do about some disturbed moron smearing feces on the wall in the shape of a swastika? Call a national press conference saying "We aren't going to tolerate that shit"?

I didn't listen to much of it on the radio, but none of the people I heard that were happy he resigned had any real clue about what to change now. They got their change in leadership, but in terms of what they expect to be done differently all they could talk about were blanket statements about racism and vague idealism. I figured I'd at least hear something stupid like creating an ultimately useless committee, but they couldn't even think of that. I'd like to hear any real ideas the protesters had besides those ridiculous demands, but I haven't heard them and I have a feeling I won't like their answers.

I don't think Wolfe was innocent here, but I don't think he was deliberately supporting systemic racism either. He was just trying to sweep every controversy he could under the rug. It isn't healthy for the university to blow every minor incident into a national story or to take sides on outside incidents like Ferguson.

I've read about the incidents that happened and I'm not really sure what was done as opposed what could have been done.  Their demands were basically "spend more per capita on black students than everyone else, and have everyone in the school go to sensitivity training where the criteria is made by a racially homogenous group with political motivations.  Also, admit that you're a privileged white male shit-lord."  What the fuck?  This goddamn social justice warrior brand of activism is just so fucking stupid I can't see straight.  These people have fucked up every activist group they've joined.  No matter what you give them, it's NEVER enough.  

Even if the guy was 100% guilty and firing him was 100% justified their list of demands is still asinine.  Let's not get anything mixed up.  That list of demands is why I started the thread, not simply because they were calling for the president's head.   Though I doubt the football team goes on strike if they're not playing like shit.  

I'll be honest... I"m tired of black racists and I'm fed up to my teeth with white guilt.  I'm irritated by all racists, but most racists are pariahs.  We don't respect them.  THESE brands of racism are totally socially acceptable, and taught to students in university as acceptable.  I'm tired of people like Farrakhan drawing hundreds of thousands of people and giving hate speeches to thunderous applause and influencing an entire generation of fatherless black men.  That man is a black supremacist racist who thinks white people were created in a laboratory as a slave race.  People like him are not helping anything.

After reading and seeing more about this I can say that american college campuses have become a joke.

Generation P strikes again.

Kill 'em All.  Let God sort 'em out

[Image: HG.gif]

(11-13-2015, 02:24 PM)HG Wrote:  Kill 'em All.  Let God sort 'em out

........all the black people?

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates

(11-13-2015, 05:28 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  

You misunderstand. He's not doing any sorting. That's up to God. He's clearly referring to murdering everyone ever.

(11-13-2015, 06:46 PM)asskickingboots Wrote:  
(11-13-2015, 05:28 PM)Chi-town_Chief Wrote:  

You misunderstand. He's not doing any sorting. That's up to God. He's clearly referring to murdering everyone ever.

If we are killing everyone who is left to be the killer?

[Image: chitown4.gif]
Check out my new fan page for daily updates