Home of the Chiefs

Full Version: Game 16: Chiefs at Donkeys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The big question: how many starters will play?

Will we see Patrick Mahomes?

I still want to win this game - it would just be super-cool if we won with backups and third stringers.

Big Grin
Denver is a proud team... on defense anyways. Their offense checked out weeks ago.

I saw a hilarious clip of Oz fuming on the sideline, yelling at his guys to try to motivate them, and no one paid attention to him as he stomped on by. Not a one, not even a glance. In fairness, they might not have even realized he was the starter at that point, because the triple threat of Lynch, Oz, and the Trevster is the type of QB stable you'd expect from the Browns. Anonymous to most of the world, yet still hated by most of their "fanbase".

Even with a loss, nothing changes, so this should be like War Games. The only winning move is not to play... our starters. Get some guys some extra experience, see some of what you've got in guys like Mahomes, Robinson, Chesson, etc. Winning would be gravy, just not worth risking key playoff cogs.
(12-26-2017, 09:10 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: [ -> ]The big question: how many starters will play?

I still want to win this game - it would just be super-cool if we won with backups and third stringers.

Big Grin

I would prefer not to see any starters in this game.  No need to play with fire.
(12-26-2017, 10:36 AM)NOLA Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2017, 09:10 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: [ -> ]The big question: how many starters will play?

Big Grin

I would prefer not to see any starters in this game.  No need to play with fire.

Not sure we want to risk Mahomes behind all backups on the o-line, though.  He'll get murdered.
(12-26-2017, 10:42 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: [ -> ]

Big Grin

Not sure we want to risk Mahomes behind all backups on the o-line, though.  He'll get murdered.

I'm not sure there's enough linemen on the roster to rest the entire line, but I want minimal key players on the field.  A Super Bowl appearance would require beating the Steelers or the Pats most likely, but I still want to delude myself into thinking such things are possible for another couple of weeks.
(12-26-2017, 11:13 AM)NOLA Wrote: [ -> ]

Big Grin

I'm not sure there's enough linemen on the roster to rest the entire line, but I want minimal key players on the field.  A Super Bowl appearance would require beating the Steelers or the Pats most likely, but I still want to delude myself into thinking such things are possible for another couple of weeks.

We can beat the Pats, at least.  Probably.
(12-26-2017, 11:26 AM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2017, 11:13 AM)NOLA Wrote: [ -> ]

Big Grin

We can beat the Pats, at least.  Probably.

From Robert Mays today:

Quote:In the AFC, the Jaguars’ ugly loss Sunday makes it seem like only one team can stop a Steelers-Patriots rematch from happening in the conference title game: Kansas City. Because it’s the holiday season — and because Die Hard is a Christmas movie — let’s think of the Chiefs as the NFL’s equivalent of John McClane, the outmanned yet pesky cowboy who might be the league’s only hope of preventing a future where the bad guys win. If Kansas City’s four-game losing streak that started in early November was akin to McClane trudging through glass and telling Al to say goodbye to Holly, its subsequent three-game winning streak, which has featured a resurgent Kareem Hunt and a newfound rhythm on offense, has been the Chiefs’ version of saving the hostages from a toasty end and making it off the roof with the fire hose. It’s not quite over yet. Yippee ki-yay.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/12/26...-questions
Equating Kc to John McClane? 

I can dig it. 

Watched Die Hard last week.  It's in my christmas rotation every year.

Some people watch its' a wonderful life and A christmas Story.

I watch Gremlins and Die Hard.
(12-26-2017, 08:28 PM)The_Jonas Wrote: [ -> ]Equating Kc to John McClane? 

I can dig it. 

Watched Die Hard last week.  It's in my christmas rotation every year.

Some people watch its' a wonderful life and A christmas Story.

I watch Gremlins and Die Hard.

I often watch those two, but the one I make a point to see is Jingle All The Way, so I can watch it with friends and drop my Arnie voice while referencing all of his other movies. It's usually a hoot, but I didn't do it this year since I've had  either the flu or a cold for the better part of 2 weeks.
IT'S OFFICIAL:

Patrick Mahomes is starting in Denver.  

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kan...76239.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8