Home of the Chiefs

Full Version: Week 13 vs. Jets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
The 6-5 Chiefs travel to Jersey to face the 4-7 Jets in Met Life Stadium for a noon game.

After a surprisingly not horrible 3-2 start, the Jets have since lost 5 of their last 6. Yes, just like the Chiefs have lost 5 of their last 6. We're dealing with the resistible force vs. the moveable object here. This is not where I thought we'd be a month and a half ago, about to have a match against the Jets that will likely only prove which team is worse.

I haven't paid one iota of attention to the media, national or local, regarding this game. I get a feeling all the national guys will talk about is Revis facing his old team. I'd have a hard time caring less about that angle. I'm much more interested in if Revis can be any help at all.

The only way this game matters to me is if the Chiefs win and it helps jumpstart them back to decency at least. During the hot start I was thinking anything less than making the AFC Championship game would be a huge disappointment. Now, I'd settle on at least making the playoffs one last time for some veterans like DJ as we send Alex packing in the offseason and get ready for the Mahomes era. Note, I've never been a "tank for better draft picks" kind of guy.

Of course, if things get much worse, particularly for Smith, we could be looking at the Patrick Mahomes era starting this December and talking draft if we even bother talking about the Chiefs at all.

It's amazing how even just some success can make the sting of failure worse.
(11-28-2017, 07:26 PM)asskickingboots Wrote: [ -> ]The 6-5 Chiefs travel to Jersey to face the 4-7 Jets in Met Life Stadium for a noon game.

After a surprisingly not horrible 3-2 start, the Jets have since lost 5 of their last 6. Yes, just like the Chiefs have lost 5 of their last 6. We're dealing with the resistible force vs. the moveable object here. This is not where I thought we'd be a month and a half ago, about to have a match against the Jets that will likely only prove which team is worse.

I haven't paid one iota of attention to the media, national or local, regarding this game. I get a feeling all the national guys will talk about is Revis facing his old team. I'd have a hard time caring less about that angle. I'm much more interested in if Revis can be any help at all.

The only way this game matters to me is if the Chiefs win and it helps jumpstart them back to decency at least. During the hot start I was thinking anything less than making the AFC Championship game would be a huge disappointment. Now, I'd settle on at least making the playoffs one last time for some veterans like DJ as we send Alex packing in the offseason and get ready for the Mahomes era. Note, I've never been a "tank for better draft picks" kind of guy.

Of course, if things get much worse, particularly for Smith, we could be looking at the Patrick Mahomes era starting this December and talking draft if we even bother talking about the Chiefs at all.

It's amazing how even just some success can make the sting of failure worse.

This is a great line that stings a lot.  Goddammit, man.
It's not like we get any picks this year anyway. We damn near traded them all away. The Bills just get better picks if we miss the playoffs.
(11-28-2017, 09:59 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: [ -> ]It's not like we get any picks this year anyway. We damn near traded them all away. The Bills just get better picks if we miss the playoffs.

So really, the Bills screwed themselves.  Super.
I'm seriously considering not watching until Mahomes is starting.
(11-29-2017, 01:43 PM)DallasChief Wrote: [ -> ]I'm seriously considering not watching until Mahomes is starting.

I go back and forth myself.

Not that I think Mahomes will change anything, I'm just sorta disgusted with the team right now.
It hurts to watch the Chiefs right now. I get angry with myself for wasting the time out of my life watching the game when it seems like our Offense is doing nothing but hurting our defense.
(11-30-2017, 12:09 PM)mabbott Wrote: [ -> ]It hurts to watch the Chiefs right now. I get angry with myself for wasting the time out of my life watching the game when it seems like our Offense is doing nothing but hurting our defense.

You have to love that.

The minute the defense starts playing well the offense is already into a full blown collapse.

Because Chiefs.
(11-29-2017, 01:56 PM)ChiefsChick23 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2017, 01:43 PM)DallasChief Wrote: [ -> ]I'm seriously considering not watching until Mahomes is starting.

I go back and forth myself.

Not that I think Mahomes will change anything, I'm just sorta disgusted with the team right now.

Mahomes has so much natural playmaking ability that I think it will make a difference. 

He's going to do things that Alex simply won't try.  For good or for worse, it should at least add some excitement.
Great so we get to go back to the exact same place that the Giants (Who just benched their quarterback) kicked our ass
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6