Home of the Chiefs

Full Version: Time to Extend Reid?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What do you think? If you were Clark Hunt, what would you do?
I thought I heard this morning that they extended his contract 2 years.
(01-09-2017, 03:57 PM)DallasChief Wrote: [ -> ]I thought I heard this morning that they extended his contract 2 years.

Hadn't seen that anywhere, just speculation they would.  Link?
When is his current contract up?
(01-09-2017, 04:21 PM)NOLA Wrote: [ -> ]When is his current contract up?
After next year.
(01-09-2017, 04:25 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: [ -> ]
After next year.

I don't see any reason why it has to get done before the end of this season, then.  I'd wait to see how the playoffs shake out.  I like what Andy has done in the regular season, but if he's going to go all Andy Reid again with game management this weekend or next, I dunno.  That's starting to veer into Marty territory.
(01-09-2017, 04:27 PM)NOLA Wrote: [ -> ]
After next year.

I don't see any reason why it has to get done before the end of this season, then.  I'd wait to see how the playoffs shake out.  I like what Andy has done in the regular season, but if he's going to go all Andy Reid again with game management this weekend or next, I dunno.  That's starting to veer into Marty territory.
Yeah. I mean, he's gonna get extended regardless of how the playoffs turn out but I get what you are saying. Initial reports said they were going to try to extend his contract after the season anyway. He won't be the proverbial lame duck coach.
(01-09-2017, 04:37 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: [ -> ]
After next year.

Yeah. I mean, he's gonna get extended regardless of how the playoffs turn out but I get what you are saying. Initial repost said they were going to try to extend his contract after the season anyway. He won't be the proverbial lame duck coach.

Agreed.  I mean, he's definitely going to be extended regardless of what happens in the next month, and I'm not sure if I'd argue against that even if it's a huge disaster of Reidian proportions.  But... I'd like to reserve judgment until I see it unfold.
(01-09-2017, 04:41 PM)NOLA Wrote: [ -> ]
After next year.

Yeah. I mean, he's gonna get extended regardless of how the playoffs turn out but I get what you are saying. Initial repost said they were going to try to extend his contract after the season anyway. He won't be the proverbial lame duck coach.

Agreed.  I mean, he's definitely going to be extended regardless of what happens in the next month, and I'm not sure if I'd argue against that even if it's a huge disaster of Reidian proportions.  But... I'd like to reserve judgment until I see it unfold.
At the very least it should affect the money aspect of it. Deeper run, bigger money. One and done, much smaller raise
(01-09-2017, 04:51 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2017, 04:41 PM)NOLA Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2017, 04:25 PM)tyecopeland Wrote: [ -> ]After next year.

At the very least it should affect the money aspect of it. Deeper run, bigger money. One and done, much smaller raise

This is also true.  But since it doesn't affect the salary cap and it's not my money they're spending... meh.
Pages: 1 2 3